Archinect
anchor

client presentations

mn

I am wondering what methods others use for presenting material to potential clients other than the portfolio (book format).
Also, what do you use to teach/ inform clients about possible designs, materials, etc.
Poster boards are so limiting...
Thanks!

Jan 12, 07 4:08 pm
maam

powerpoint!

Jan 12, 07 4:50 pm  · 
 · 
mn

oops i should have mentioned presentations without computers.
but thanks moopup :)

Jan 12, 07 5:02 pm  · 
 · 
axial753

we usually present just presentation booklets of our other projects, and select the ones that are most relevent.

brieftly talk about the design, and let them drawing their own conclusion about the drawings/ renderings. i think its important to educate them about the permit and drawing process, and sell to them how efficient you are in terms of getting the permits and project going.

Jan 12, 07 5:21 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

we often go the super-tactile route...interaction is fun.

we have a few custom made white lexan trays, about 3" deep, and about 24" square. in them we place renderings and photos that have been mounted on size-appropriate mats or poster board, along with some other items...some hardware examples, some tile/glass, etc, and let them pick them all up and hold them at will. way more engaging than staring at a static board that's four feet away.

works great in my opinion. poster boards, except for larger groups, are a waste of time and materials for our purposes.

works for potential clients when you throw in a bunch of photos and brochures that we've printed of past work, and for current clients when you use more sketches and renderings.

Jan 12, 07 5:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: