Archinect
anchor

3d manhattan model

Cherith Cutestory

i was hoping someone here might have a digital model of manhattan, specifically the area around the MOMA (53rd-54th and 5th ave.)

maya format would be amazing, but honestly anything would do.

tried the google approach and can't seem to get the information from google earth unless i have sketchup pro, which i do not have.

thanks

Jan 10, 07 7:43 pm
Cherith Cutestory

anyone...anyone...

Jan 10, 07 9:26 pm  · 
 · 
Chch

I had a quick look before I go to bed...

you could try http://www.simcenter.org/Three_Ds/body_three_ds.html#Downloads

I think you can get discounted rates for education, but there's one block for free, so you never know - you might get lucky!

Jan 10, 07 9:35 pm  · 
 · 
cobra

randar, I have one but it is extremely generic, and it is on a computer that has been boxed between quarters... I plan to unbox in the next couple of days -but if you can find another, it may be better, because like I said: it is extremely generic.

Jan 10, 07 9:50 pm  · 
 · 
cobra

this is a rendering of it.

Jan 10, 07 9:57 pm  · 
 · 
cobra

shoot! that did not work. try here

Jan 10, 07 9:58 pm  · 
 · 
mvsuriano

I have one that is 25mb zipped. It isn't all that great, and you need sketchup (free version) or the pro trial to export it into another format. Email me if interested.

Jan 10, 07 10:32 pm  · 
 · 
Cherith Cutestory

thanks everyone. actually we found one for $50 by chance so i think i am all set now.

unless someone randomly has dimensioned building sections of the MOMA...

Jan 10, 07 10:58 pm  · 
 · 
robust84

isn't it published somewhere?

Jan 10, 07 11:04 pm  · 
 · 
Cherith Cutestory

there is a great video flythru of the new model and everything. if only i knew someone who worked at the MOMA and had shady work ethics. if only...

Jan 11, 07 2:00 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: