Archinect
anchor

Structural engineering

christophw

Does someone know a structural engineer program which is so easy and playful like bridge-builder? (www.bridgebuilder-game.com)

Jan 10, 07 4:22 am

[deer in headlights look from a bunch of architect-y types.]

engineering?!

Jan 10, 07 7:08 am  · 
 · 
christophw

ok - structural playing! I think bridge builder is a great learning game...

Jan 10, 07 7:46 am  · 
 · 
filo

why bothering?

Jan 10, 07 11:14 am  · 
 · 
Medusa

Dr. Frame is pretty cool. I think they offer a free version of the program on their website.

Jan 10, 07 11:29 am  · 
 · 
toms

i don't know about fun and playfull.......
MDsolids (i don't remember where i got it but it's free online) is a good structural program that lets you play with many different systems as well as apply loads and tests them

Jan 10, 07 11:49 am  · 
 · 
postal

yeah, i second Dr. Frames... although i never could get it to work right on my diagrid shell for my highrise... just couldn't handle it i guess... but then again we only spent a couple of weeks in Dr. Frames and Studio was a bit more important.

Jan 10, 07 1:48 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ
"Dr.Frame3D, available for Windows and Macintosh, implements a rich direct manipulation environment in which users can interactively build and test 3-D truss and frame structures while receiving visual and numeric feedback to indicate structural behavior -- all in real time!"

this sounds like fun...even just 3d modeling some random forms and see how it behaves...

Jan 10, 07 1:53 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: