Archinect
anchor

A+U Prescription

le bossman

Does anyone know how to get a prescription to Architecture + Urbanism? Everything on their website is in Yen. Can you buy things online in another currency?

Jan 9, 07 3:05 pm
JMBarquero/squirrelly

ooooh....Im interested too!!

Jan 9, 07 3:09 pm  · 
 · 

if it's a prescription, will my health insurance cover it?

Jan 9, 07 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
AP

i've got a fever, and there's only one cure! more a+u!

Jan 9, 07 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
outed

there are a few ways - one, grab a copy of a+u and take the reply/subscription card out of the back...

second, find the english portion of the a+u site. not sure if subscription info is on that part, but i suspect so.

third, if you want to go through an intermediary, try www.onlyarchitecture.com they sell subscriptions to most of the overseas magazines, but probably have a little surcharge on it.

Jan 9, 07 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

thanks laru....nice site! a booklovers delight!

Jan 9, 07 4:08 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

Also, if you do credit card, they will likely just convert. I've ordered books from amazon.co.jp. They were priced in yen, but just charged my card. No problem. Last I checked $1~117 yen.

Jan 9, 07 4:35 pm  · 
 · 
postal

laru,

do you know if the delivery is any more reliable than subscribing directly...

i only ask because lletdownl had a subscription to detail that never came, and i desperately want it!

Jan 9, 07 4:49 pm  · 
 · 
outed

i don't know either way - my guess is that they are just signing you up for a subscription directly or (more likely) that they are adding one more issue to their own order to a+u, then mailing you a copy when it comes to them. either way, i'd think it's fairly reliable, insofar as onlyarchitecture.com stays solvent.

Jan 9, 07 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

i was on the english version of the site. perhaps at some point i'll just order it and see what happens.

Jan 9, 07 7:12 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

it is funny with electronic money, though. it even rhymes. i can't think of any reason why the computers wouldn't just perform the calculation.

Jan 9, 07 7:13 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

interesting site

Jan 9, 07 7:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: