Archinect
anchor

only 'one' book on architecture/design that you recommend...

accesskb

Ok there are many threads on book recommendations, but one only has so much time to read all of them.

If you had only one book on architecture, design, philosophy, or any topic that has had a profound impact on you, your career, development in this field, which would you recommend?

thanks

May 31, 12 7:46 pm
go do it

The Book of Tea by Kakuzo Okakura

May 31, 12 8:00 pm  · 
 · 
i r giv up

the death and life of great american cities

May 31, 12 11:54 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

The Stained Glass of Frank Lloyd Wright

Jun 1, 12 12:40 am  · 
 · 
cmrhm

Only one, hard choice, but I still want to claim my recommendation:

S,M,L,XL

Jun 1, 12 4:59 am  · 
 · 
oiko

Writing architecture by Roger Connah

Jun 2, 12 2:59 pm  · 
 · 
oiko

Invisible cities by Italian calvino

Jun 2, 12 3:07 pm  · 
 · 
Medusa

Delirious NY

Jun 2, 12 3:50 pm  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

fyoosh, there was a question like that on a violin forum (one score on a tropical island) and there was, at least, an obvious cheater's answer to reach out for, Bach's sonatas and partitas (tuning would be a near impossibility, all these chords...all this humidity).  

you know, people here are funny. ask them what features they want in a dream house, and they start making fun. ask them what sole book they would choose over all others, and they're serious about their choices.

Jun 3, 12 12:45 am  · 
 · 
accesskb

tammuz.. leave your drama out please .. k thank you.   what book did you like? :)

Jun 3, 12 1:29 am  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

what drama? i was typing that in a very sober mood.

Jun 3, 12 1:35 am  · 
 · 
design

Yes tammuz Ironically  the Antinomies (and Galileo tells us that this is the case) exclude the possibility of the phenomena, because of our necessary ignorance of the conditions. So we can extend collegial interfaces

Jun 3, 12 2:16 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: