Archinect
anchor

What's your favorite renderer?

Urbanist

I'm reassessing my commitment to certain renderers, so I thought I'd ask what people's favorite architectural renderers are (all features and modes considered)? V-Ray, Final Render, Splutterfish, etc etc?

Dec 30, 06 3:35 am
misterTT

i'm a person who shys away from spending a lot of time on specific renderings. I'm more into animations/sequences. because of this, i'm a huge fan of Maya's Final Gather renderings...just make a sky dome + use background shader ground plane, kill all the lights and turn final gather on, and voila! excellent study rendering

i've never had a chance to try Vray, though the Vray work always looks great

Dec 30, 06 10:52 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

blitzen!

Dec 30, 06 11:21 am  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

Vray convert here.

Dec 30, 06 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

VRay and Final Render

Dec 30, 06 2:01 pm  · 
 · 
Sylvester

Vray - fast and easy

Dec 30, 06 2:05 pm  · 
 · 
DEVicox

brazil.

Dec 30, 06 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
binary

lebbeaus woods (sp)

Dec 30, 06 4:34 pm  · 
 · 
Urbanist

Dev, I'm curious why you like Brazil. What you use it for? And how difficult is it to learn?

Dec 30, 06 5:05 pm  · 
 · 
chad_c

I'm a big fan of Maxwell via Maya or Rhino. It's not too slow to get a good study render, and for all exteriors and naturally lit interiors it never fails to generate a fascinatingly spatial image. It's difficult, however, to stay out of the photo-real trap.

Dec 30, 06 5:07 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: