Archinect
anchor

Creating pdfs from photoshop files?

6nuew

Is there an easy way to convert photoshop files to editable pdfs?

Saving entire pages as raster images and then combining them in acrobat results in unmanageable file sizes. help!

Dec 28, 06 11:42 pm
Katze

can you not just use file-->save as-->photoshop .pdf? what do you mean by an editable .pdf?

Dec 28, 06 11:47 pm  · 
 · 
6nuew

I meant a .pdf in which the text is saved as text, and not as a raster image or shape. This cuts down size, and enables readers to copy text out of the pdf, or edit it using a pdf editor. When you save as a photoshop .pdf, everything is just saved as images and shapes.... this results in large file sizes also.

Dec 29, 06 12:04 am  · 
 · 
robust84

i think if you print to Adobe PDF (the acrobat distiller) it should save the text as text rather than as rasters.

then again, you're better off just starting from scratch in InDesign

Dec 29, 06 12:14 am  · 
 · 
6nuew

nah, even when you print to pdf, it saves text as shapes. yeah, i guess i'll have to start from scratch... was hoping to save some time, though.

Dec 29, 06 12:26 am  · 
 · 
accesskb

learn adobe indesign. it is easy. design images on photoshop, load them up in indesign, insert text and export as a pdf.

Dec 29, 06 5:40 am  · 
 · 

adobe illustrator should work for you too...

Dec 29, 06 8:55 am  · 
 · 
AP

anyone wanna give me AdobeCreativeSuite for Christmas?

I want to get better at Illustrator, but alas, I have no meaningful access to the software...

Dec 29, 06 9:56 am  · 
 · 

AP, email me... i don't have access to AdobeCS but i do have illustrator 10...

Dec 29, 06 10:29 am  · 
 · 
AP

done.

Dec 29, 06 11:46 am  · 
 · 
difficultfix

Its true if you use Photoshop and save to pdf..it creates a huge file as you already know....But if you plot or print to pdf it will create a much smaller pdf size outcome. If you have a pdf printing software such as adobe or bluebeam, then you will be able to create those pdf that you are looking for.....

Dec 29, 06 11:54 am  · 
 · 
difficultfix

I should have read before posting ....sorry

Dec 29, 06 12:50 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: