Archinect
anchor

Job search website

MollyB

I am currently seeking for work in new york. I started researching on websites such as well here..archinect, craiglist, aia, new-york architect etc.
Anyone have any more recommendations on where else to look for job listing esp for New york area? I am looking to start anytime in January. thx

Dec 7, 06 3:52 pm
quizzical

MollyB - you've pretty much got it covered with those resources - unless you're looking for something WAY out of the mainstream, that's where most employers will post their available jobs.

Good luck !

Dec 7, 06 6:46 pm  · 
 · 
tc79

MollyB - Also look at the classified section of The Architect's Newspaper. http://www.archpaper.com/classifieds.htm

Dec 8, 06 5:50 am  · 
 · 
arri

aia.org has a job listing, look under career on the top of the webpage.

Dec 8, 06 12:55 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin
www.e-architect.com

is another one.

Dec 8, 06 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

And...

Check the website of your local AIA chapter. Some of them have their own job listings.

Also, check the websites of the firms themselves. Most AIA chapter websites have a section that has links to all the firm websites in the chapter. When doing a job search, I've often gone down the list from A to Z and looked at their sites. If the firm does work that I find interesting, I send them a letter and resume regardless of whether or not they're actually listing open positions. Most of my more recent jobs were landed that way, and as far as I know, none of the firms that hired me were actually advertizing open positions at the time.

Dec 8, 06 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
Coroflot
Dec 8, 06 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
do you really need another architecture job board?

tons of great new opportunities posted in the last few days...

Dec 8, 06 1:17 pm  · 
 · 
MollyB

thanks a lot. I know there was lots of postings from the past week or so. but i just don't want to miss out any other chances.

thx rationalist- i will check out coroflot again. I used to search there for id jobs.

Dec 8, 06 2:16 pm  · 
 · 
MollyB

another thing is I am canadian citizen so I would need to get a working permit to work there. Do you think this will cause lots of firms to not bother with the process?

Dec 8, 06 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
morfo

You should be able to get a TN visa easily and most firms are willing to do that because all they have to do is to give you an offer letter. With your own qualifications proof and resume... etc you would show it to immigration dept to get approval for your visa. check out government links regarding NAFTA agreement.

Dec 9, 06 2:11 am  · 
 · 
garpike

Archinect is all you need.

Dec 9, 06 2:18 am  · 
 · 
garpike

That and word of mouth.

Dec 9, 06 2:18 am  · 
 · 
binary

monster/careerbuilder...recruiters usually float on those sites...

Feb 21, 09 3:39 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: