Archinect
anchor

Web hosting

agarch

can anyone recommend a cheap, reliable web hosting service and domain name provider for a personal architecture portfolio?

Jul 31, 04 2:19 am
bigness
www.altervista.org

or

www.aegis-design.co.uk

Jul 31, 04 4:24 am  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor
www.netfirms.com
Jul 31, 04 4:41 am  · 
 · 
jbresner
http://www.lonex.com

provides hosting for $4.95 a month...

Jul 31, 04 4:15 pm  · 
 · 
threshold

Whatever you do don't get one of those sites that force feeds your visitors advertising. I hate that!!!

I use domatic.net @ $4.99/month for webhosting and prefer to pay a little bit more for piece of mind and register my domain through networksolutions.com.

Jul 31, 04 6:09 pm  · 
 · 
D R E A M H O S T
http://www.dreamhost.com
* Click on Super Sale link for plan comparisons

I've used DreamHost for over 3 years now. I just bought a 2-year Code Monster Deal for $15.95/mo which includes 15 domains, E-commerce, serious storage & bandwidth, streaming, PHP/MySQL/CGI/Perl, and a whole bunch of goodies... not to mention excellent 24-hour customer support via email or phone. Honestly, these guys rock.

For domain registration, I use GoDaddy.com
($8.95 domains & $7.95 transfers)

Aug 1, 04 3:21 pm  · 
 · 
JAG

Host:

http://www.lunarpages.com

Aug 3, 04 2:47 pm  · 
 · 
cheapo

another vote for Dreamhost
(yes, that's a referral link -- DH's referral program is excellent, my hosting is now free.

here is the discussion that pushed me to sign with DH

Aug 3, 04 3:37 pm  · 
 · 
yuyi
www.fatcow

com is the best one...
i've use it for all the websites i do

Aug 3, 04 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
adrienne
media temple

they are the most reliable service i have come across and you can get a deal on registering your domain name with them. a shared server plan is only $10 a month. they have amazing customer service.

Aug 4, 04 1:39 pm  · 
 · 
Doug Johnston
www.hasweb.com

has a really good plan for $50/year. i have had no problems with them, domain names from their affiliate company are about $15/year. That for 2gb space, 35 gb bandwidth and unlimited email accounts. It includes stuff for anything you'll need.. shopping carts, image galleries, forums, etc... They also have very good customer service and support.

Aug 4, 04 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
surface

hostway.com and ipowerweb.com are both cheap.

I like mediatemple for its ability to host multiple domains on the same account.. for example, on most packages from other companies you could have a subdomains like.. www.arch.com, www.portfolio.arch.com or www.personal.arch.com but on MT you can have entirely different ones - arch.com and designfirm.com.

Aug 5, 04 12:34 pm  · 
 · 

SS... same with Dreamhost. There is no comparison between MeditaTemple and Dreamhost. Anyone who is interested in web hosting, compare the stats for yourself.

Aug 5, 04 12:43 pm  · 
 · 
agarch
Hostdimedomains

allow you to have your name.lastname.name registered, a direct, "straight to the point" address to showcase/market your portfolio. then have an email like [email protected], all for $31/yr

The best deal i've seen for hosting, from your postings, is Hasweb with $34.99/yr, im not sure how reliable it is (uptime, type of server).

Second best Domatic, third Dreamhost

Aug 6, 04 8:51 pm  · 
 · 
John E X

- Web Designers at large -

Can anyone recommend someone, or better yet, Anyone interested to take on a small project in updating an existing web site? (You can also e-mail me dirstcly)

Thanks!

Aug 8, 04 2:06 am  · 
 · 
wensla45

I recommend the hPage website builder since they have really good SEO optimization for their websites and they have business features as well. A website builder also allows you to set up your website within minutes, you have full control of it, and the paid package is cheap too (hPage is only 5 euros/month). I have my portfolio up on hPage for years and I have been satisfied with them so far since they made it very easy for me; I also registered my domain and custom email addresses with them. Check them out at https://www.hpage.com

Oct 18, 18 3:16 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: