Archinect
anchor

chicago archinectors holiday happy hour

miss casual

hey people in the chi-tizzle, its time to get together for a holiday happy hour beer drinking in wicker park fest. maybe next week after work some evening? im just throwing stuff out there to get the ball rolling but maybe wednesday 6-ish at rodan? is that too foo foo? maybe somewhere divey like inner town pub is better? talk to me...

Dec 6, 06 10:16 am

when i go to chicago, i like to do my drinking while up in the clouds.

Dec 6, 06 10:20 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

I'm in, although later in the week is better for me (Friday the 15th would be ideal).

Rodan and Inner Town are both cool, but Rodan has the advantage of a decent food menu. I can also gaze at Rodan's nice millwork whenever the conversation gets boring. :)

Dec 6, 06 10:20 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

In my experiance Thursdays are the architect night out since we always seem to be in the office on Sat. anyways.

Im game. They have a great jukebox and cheap weekday mgd's at Goldstar Bar near Hoyne and Division.

Dec 6, 06 10:23 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

Anywheres fine really. As long as theres beer.

Dec 6, 06 10:25 am  · 
 · 

goldstar is actually just before wood on division

Dec 6, 06 10:25 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

word

Dec 6, 06 10:29 am  · 
 · 
miss casual

so lets say thursday the 14th - 6-ish. does that work for you gin?

gold star? or rodan? or innjoy?

Dec 6, 06 10:44 am  · 
 · 
AP

Steven, that bar (in the clouds) has a nice view and good beer. a bit overpriced though...

if any Chi-chinecters wanna meet up a couple days before or after the 25th, I'm game. I'll be returning to my place of birth for the holiday.

?

Dec 6, 06 10:46 am  · 
 · 

AP, send floatingtooth an email and make her by you a drink for me... we went to grad school together...

Dec 6, 06 11:44 am  · 
 · 
miss casual

hey wait a minute here.... i dont buy drinks for strange men / women. at least not at first.

Dec 6, 06 11:54 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Thursday the 14th works for me. My vote would be for Rodan, but I'm not married to the idea.

Dec 6, 06 11:58 am  · 
 · 
postal

I'm down for anywhere, anytime, anything that involves alchohol. would be fun to meet any number of you. (unless i've offended anyone in the past) and i'm not going to request any kind of location because i reside way the hell out in no man's land, portage park.

Dec 6, 06 12:30 pm  · 
 · 
miss casual

lets say thursday the 14th 6ish at rodan unless someone has a bitchin argument for somewhere else. we can always go to gold star after...

and phil maybe you should come up for it. seems you were in milwaukee a while back and didnt even holla at a playa...

AP i will buy you a drink becuase phil says so. but ill be out of town from the 20th - 26th.

Dec 6, 06 12:38 pm  · 
 · 
miss casual
rodan

they are at 1530 n. milwaukee for those who dont know

Dec 6, 06 12:43 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

IM IN

Dec 6, 06 1:30 pm  · 
 · 

floatingtooth, i figured that you'd probably be out of town visiting the 'rents over xmas, so obligating you to buy AP a drink was fairly safe... :)

and yes i was in milwaukee for a few days and even chicago for a few hours for the wilco show, but didn't have any free time to try hooking up with you for a drink... i know, i'm an awful friend for not even calling to say hey... sorry :( you know that i still love ya though.

Dec 6, 06 2:29 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

rodan.... aahhhhhhhh carps...
fine...
ill go too
but i cant promise ill be cool in real life

Dec 6, 06 4:04 pm  · 
 · 
migrod

maybe i'll check this place out on friday since i wont be in town on thursday.

Dec 6, 06 5:21 pm  · 
 · 
TED

i think you should invite vado from the indi suburbs. will you drink to me rip? i havent said a nasty thing about bland for months! [only dreamt 'dem]

Dec 6, 06 5:40 pm  · 
 · 
AbrahamNR

So is everyone coming? I'm pretty sure I can make it.

Dec 6, 06 7:56 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

i'll be in vegas, suckers.

did you know the weekend before christmas is dead time for vegs and uber-cheap?

Dec 6, 06 7:58 pm  · 
 · 
crowbert

I will see you there. It'll be good to put a face to the irrational opinions...

Dec 6, 06 10:25 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

I'll be there. Any of you guys working for firms that are currently hiring? I'll have my resume and portfolio on hand. My current firm is looking more and more like a sinking ship.

Dec 6, 06 10:41 pm  · 
 · 
geimanj

strawbeary- sounds like the time I went to Foxwoods over Easter. Yikes. A very special segment of society and surprisingly, lots of families. The Easter bunny just rolled a 7!

All this talk of Chicago makes me miss that old town. Say hi to the West 'burbs for me.

Dec 7, 06 1:26 am  · 
 · 
miss casual

philip you know i could never stay mad at you. and now that your p's are in the midwest maybe ill see you more often!

im excited for thursday.

Dec 7, 06 9:41 am  · 
 · 
work for idle hands

i'll only go if 2:37am.com and 2:38am.com show up to duke it out...the battle of the quantity of time/website names extrodinaire!

Dec 7, 06 11:19 am  · 
 · 
Ramsey

Alright Postal, glad to see someone else keepin' it real in Portage Park.

Dec 7, 06 11:44 am  · 
 · 

rodan next week? I'm totally slammed. I think the week after would be better for me.

Dec 7, 06 11:53 am  · 
 · 
postal

yeah ramsey? a portage parker yourself? i moved here in the summer and have been slowly acclimating myself to the new neighborhood. (fairly different than bridgeport) but CITY NEWS rocks, (if only detail would show up once and a while) just need to find some more stuff to do around here.

Dec 7, 06 2:01 pm  · 
 · 
miss casual

is anybody on here going to the IMI thing tonight at Hard Rock?

Dec 7, 06 5:35 pm  · 
 · 
Ramsey

Just moved to Portage Park in Oct. Probably less acclimated than you postal. Still have boxes to unpack. I started a block from the lake in Lakeview after college and have gotten progressively farther from the lake as I get older. But now with a family and all, having a whole house and a yard and everything became more important than being able to walk to Wrigley or lots of shops and restaurants and bars. Or I guess in reality, we couldn't afford a whole house in any of those neighborhoods. I've been meaning to check out CITY NEWS, heard good things about it.

Dec 7, 06 6:33 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i don't live in the suburbs.

Dec 8, 06 2:01 pm  · 
 · 
postal

vado, everyone knows your an automated scripted on-line personality, otherwise how could someone post so much...

...feel free to prove me wrong

Dec 8, 06 2:03 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

maybe you all aren't trying hard enough...

Dec 8, 06 2:30 pm  · 
 · 
Katze
we all need to try a little harder :)

Dec 9, 06 2:30 pm  · 
 · 
miss casual

maybe coming out on thursday would be a good interpretation of trying harder??

Dec 11, 06 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

*bump*

Rodan

Thursday, December 14th, at 6:00 PM, correct?

Dec 12, 06 4:07 pm  · 
 · 
miss casual

hellz yeah... i passed it along to a bunch of architecture peeps so heres hoping its a good time. i mean if this guys shows up how could it not be?

Dec 12, 06 4:32 pm  · 
 · 
miss casual

damnit why do my images always get screwed up??

here it is hopefully

Dec 12, 06 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

I hope some people are wearing their "Architecture Sucks" t-shirts so I know who to look for... Or somebody has a Garwondler on a stick or something.

Dec 12, 06 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
miss casual

or everyone is wearing all black and turtlenecks and craning their necks to quietly judge the millwork details.

Dec 12, 06 4:47 pm  · 
 · 
alfrejas24

I was just going to look for a large group of people either all wearing black or khakis and blazers.

Dec 12, 06 4:49 pm  · 
 · 

millwork details! feh! it's the orderliness of the ceiling layout they'd be studying!

Dec 12, 06 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Nice thing about Rodan is that the millwork goes up the wall and becomes the ceiling.

Dec 12, 06 5:11 pm  · 
 · 
Artful Dodger

blast... i've got the office party on thursday. I'd be down for next week, its bonus time and I'll need to drink away the money i wont be getting.

Dec 12, 06 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
postal

actually, i was planning on drinking and spilling on the millwork

Dec 12, 06 5:37 pm  · 
 · 
TED

gin, you dont mean bill millwork do ya? havent seen that bastard for some time and if he's going up the wall and becoming the ceiling...well he's coming a long way from that shit he used to work for. dont tell him i said so, though.

Dec 12, 06 6:11 pm  · 
 · 
TED

and vado, i meant indi is a suburb of chi town. and if your living in a suburb of a suburb, you get 2 stars

Dec 12, 06 6:13 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

is this still happening?

Dec 14, 06 9:56 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

I'll be there... Look for a tallish guy with dark hair, black shirt, black leather jacket, and, um, a black Herman Miller tote bag.

Dec 14, 06 10:01 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: