Archinect
anchor

Turn audio into an image?? huh??

IADR

yes well basically I looking for a programme where I can input audio and it gathers that data and then converts it into some form of graphical image and I dont mean like a visualiser you get on windows media player but something which gathers the data and turns it to one still "image" Is there anything out there like this.

if anyone knows please tell me
thank you.

Nov 23, 06 11:21 am
IADR

thanks for the response metamechanic...only problem is I own a mac and those programmes dont seem to support macs...do you know any which do.

Thank you.

Nov 23, 06 11:34 am  · 
 · 
chupacabra

Final Cut Pro...you can convert a wave form into a graphic, after effects does this too...both run on mac in native osX

Nov 23, 06 1:34 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

turn your audio down before watching this, its a bit hot.

http://www.thepeculiarform.com/support/usweb_compressed.mov

but it is a project I did for USWeb/CKS back in 1998 using the create audio image technique.

Nov 23, 06 2:08 pm  · 
 · 
IADR

hey jason,

thanks a lot...your replies have been much appreciated and have helped alot.

you kind individual you.

Nov 23, 06 2:17 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

the famous aphex twin example -> old news

Nov 23, 06 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
zeth01

about two and a half years ago in a dwell magazine there was an article of someone who created a program that does what you want. maybe. I think it ran off of a keyboard so you would be limited to that but anyways it's probably worth looking into.

Nov 23, 06 6:30 pm  · 
 · 
zeth01

oh and i think it ran off of autocad

Nov 23, 06 6:31 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

"...someone who created a program that does what you want. maybe."

WOW...

Nov 23, 06 6:45 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

is this sort of like that one movie with the guy who did that stuff with that thing?

yeah, that was great!

Nov 23, 06 8:04 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: