Archinect
anchor

i need a good example of a timeline

im needing to create a simple timeline diagram listing out buildings that have been created in the past for the automobile (ie. fiat factory, current bmw thing in munich by coop) and im trying to find some good examples of timelines but im not finding anything good. just wondering if anyone knew of somethign juicy to look at.

Nov 21, 06 5:36 am
modo

The back pages of any Praxis journal have nice timelines that show the works and major milestones of each architect present in that issue.

Nov 21, 06 2:13 pm  · 
 · 
pettydesign

thanks. ill see if my library has a copy of that journal.

Nov 21, 06 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
grid

time to bring this back - anyone have examples of a good timeline... links to praxis timelines or anything else?

Thanks in advance!

Sep 9, 07 12:40 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

there are a few architects that have timeline's on their website.

i'm thinking JDS and coop himmelbau do, but i'm probably thinking of another firm.

Sep 9, 07 1:09 am  · 
 · 
grid

i can't seem to find them - have any links?

Sep 9, 07 1:43 am  · 
 · 
Helsinki

Check out the books by Tufte, he's THE authority when it comes to visualizing information. first two books are said to be the best. They should be found in any design library, under graphic design/information design. Lots of very nice timelines and such.

Sep 9, 07 1:54 am  · 
 · 
grid

yeah - tufte has some good examples - thanks helsinki... still open to other options... anyone?

Sep 9, 07 4:11 pm  · 
 · 
xacto

beautiful evidence, his latest, is pretty nice too...

Sep 9, 07 5:03 pm  · 
 · 
med.

Let me guess, this is VT's timeline project?

Nov 6, 07 11:30 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: