Archinect
anchor

Must-Have Technical Books/References

aphorismal

Hey, graduating architecture student here!  What are some must have technical books that I should invest in?  I'm talking about books that describe building techniques, structural systems, prefabrication strategies, construction details, etc.  I've heard a lot of people mention the architect's studio companion and the architectural graphic standard, but I already have both of them, and I'd like a bit more depth.  If it helps, I have a particular interest in the technical details of building exteriors (facades, curtain walls, cladding, and so on).  Basically, I'm trying to find a way to give amazon more of my money - any ideas?

May 5, 12 5:43 am
a-f

"Facades: Principles of Construction" from Birkhäuser goes quite far into the technical aspects of facades, with a bit of a focus on the high-tech "adaptive facade". Not so many proper details in here, but beautiful axonometric drawings.

May 5, 12 6:45 am  · 
 · 

I've been surprised with how much I've used my copy of Materials for Design

May 5, 12 11:50 pm  · 
 · 
aphorismal

You're the second person to tell me to get that one :)  Princeton Architectural Press is like the HBO of architecture publishing

May 6, 12 12:31 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: