Archinect
anchor

rhino 3d v4 release date?

grahambarron

does anyone know when this product is coming out?

has anyone been using the beta and could they give a review of it?

thanks,

graham

Nov 6, 06 5:43 am
FOG Lite

I've been using V4 for quite awhile. It's excellent but there is no release date in sight. They've been having some trouble with implementing verification/validation in the last couple releases so currently it's going through some growing pains. I am using it for my day to day work though so it is pretty stable.

With the new line-weights, view-ports and what not it will come pretty close to matching Acad for printing. Still, I wouldn't want to do an entire CD set with it.

Right now the only reason I have to use V3 is when rendering, hopefully soon they will start allowing the third party plug-in's to start making stuff for V4. But right now they are releasing new versions about every other week so having to re-compile your plug-in and release it means that it would only have a week or 2 of usability before the next version gets released.

I'm guessing that we'll see the final release sometime in mid to late 2007.

And it's always good to check out the support forums at McNeel.

Nov 6, 06 10:37 am  · 
 · 
interstitial

Just wondering if this information is still up to date I heard that there was going to be a January of Feburary release. Anybody have better information than me?

Jan 9, 07 9:41 pm  · 
 · 
grahambarron

The Rhino forums at McNeel are saying late February.

I am starting thesis and would really like to get my hands on v4 beta.

Graham

Jan 10, 07 10:08 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: