Archinect
anchor

2007 M.Arch applicants, commiserate here!

Starland Vocal Band

miss_j, how prescient of them. maybe they'll send you a letter within the next few weeks explaining why you need to change your name to be accepted.

Apr 2, 07 8:25 am  · 
 · 
laurilan

i just received an email acceptance from pratt! yay! i probably won't attend, but it is so nice to get accepted somewhere.

for anyone still waiting to hear - i have a b.s. in arch and applied for the march1. i got the email at 5:30 last friday, but didn't check my email til this morning (out of town).

they don't need to know until may 1st - stated in their email - so it sounds like they're all about taking their time.

yay! now if they could just give me some money.

Apr 2, 07 8:46 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Well, I just called Cornell and they said a letter went out last week, and to give them another call if I don't have it by Wednesday. Naturally, they weren't able to give me the results over the phone.

And so the wait continues... At this point I'm not very hopeful, though.

Apr 2, 07 9:37 am  · 
 · 
miss_j

starla - indeed...they're just so 'innovative' and 'experiemental' that they wanted me to assume a new identity before I start my architecture education. hmmmm

congrats laurilan. i can't believe it took them so long!

Apr 2, 07 9:40 am  · 
 · 
miss_j

oh geez I can't believe you're still waiting LIG. best of luck!!

Apr 2, 07 9:42 am  · 
 · 
miss_j

are there any new yorkers who can tell me what they think about living in LA?

Apr 2, 07 9:46 am  · 
 · 
Hogan

i am in columbia's m.arch waitlist, does anybody know how much is the possibility to upper my situation to a real admission at gsapp?

p.s. i am int'l and from china, non-arch background

Apr 2, 07 10:27 am  · 
 · 
Japhy

so i just called pratt to see what's going on and they told me that they STILL have not made a decision on my file yet. what!? i sent in all of my application materials in december! come oooooooooon already. those rumors i heard seem to be proving true.

Apr 2, 07 10:30 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Ouch, Kalyani. Architecture schools in general seem pretty disorganized and dysfunctional, but Pratt seems to take the cake.

Apr 2, 07 10:36 am  · 
 · 

I am planning on having words with both Pratt and MICA today. MICA specifically states that it will have all decisions out by April1st and requires a response by April 15th. If by some miracle they made it affordable for me to go there, when on earth would I have time to visit so that I could make an informed decision?

Apr 2, 07 10:37 am  · 
 · 

I called both schools (forget RIT, I don't care about them anymore except for the ego boost), and found out that I have been waitlisted by MICA. That's ok, I knew they were my 'reach' school anyway.

From Pratt, I got far less information. They wouldn't even look me up and tell me whether a decision had been made on me or not, because they're "going through registration right now" and for some reason cannot look up individual files. Sounds like a load of hooey to me! Pratt's WHACK

Apr 2, 07 12:07 pm  · 
 · 
tzenyujuei

Laurilan! congrats!!! you should go, ill be in the city next fall and we can hang out.

Apr 2, 07 12:14 pm  · 
 · 
+i

just emailed Carnegie Mellon...
and got an acceptance letter in return!

I GOT ACCEPTED for the PhD Building Performance and Diagnostics!

That makes me 3 for 3 (what a difference a year makes!)

UVA- Accepted- M.Arch post-pro
VT- Accepted- PhD Environmental Design
Carnegie Mellon- Accepted- PhD Building Performance and Diagnostics

time to party!!!!!!!!

Apr 2, 07 1:24 pm  · 
 · 

so where do you think you'll go?

oh, and for those who have wondered whether admissions people read this, supposedly Judith Aaron, Vice President of Enrollment at Pratt, has made an appearance on the "dear pratt, where is my rejection letter?" thread. She offered to help anybody who was getting the run around check their status. I left her a message taking her up on that offer, so we'll see what happens.

Apr 2, 07 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
+i

i have no idea--- i was pretty sold on UVA on friday, after their open house- even bought a t-shirt and bumper sticker...

now i am completely unsure. one thing that will make it more sure is the financial aid info... @ $16k PER semester, i've gotta have some serious aid to go to CMU.

Apr 2, 07 1:29 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

congrats i and everyone else who has received acceptances

Apr 2, 07 1:48 pm  · 
 · 

oh, and I think I've learned a lot by my reaction to getting waitlisted by MICA. Suprisingly, I didn't really care, even though they had been at the top of my list. I think that's a clear sign that my heart has been bestowed elsewhere. I'm probably just mad about Pratt because they're treating me so shoddily.

Apr 2, 07 1:53 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

+i ... congrats!!!!!

Apr 2, 07 2:21 pm  · 
 · 
Hum4n

Still nothing from MIT, is it possible that the application that I personally handed to Annette had been misplaced and my application was not review at all?
wow...I am very concern!

Apr 2, 07 2:21 pm  · 
 · 
+i

thanks smoke!

Apr 2, 07 2:23 pm  · 
 · 
+i

and jasoncross :)

Apr 2, 07 2:34 pm  · 
 · 
+i

smokety mc...
are you doing the phd program to become a professor? do you have any idea what a professor makes- ballpark figure? (obviously tenure, etc makes a big difference)... im curious because im pretty sure thats the path i will take... if ur not looking to be a prof, what direction are you planning to go?

Apr 2, 07 2:40 pm  · 
 · 
chingale

tragedy at UW arch building this morning:

link

Apr 2, 07 3:01 pm  · 
 · 
+i

holy shit...

Apr 2, 07 3:04 pm  · 
 · 

hey, apparently I've been accepted to Pratt! For anyone still waiting: skip the low-level secretaries and assistants, and take your questions directly to the top of the food chain!

Apr 2, 07 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
Entasis79

WOAH! Rationalist! Congrats!!!!!
I have not heard back from her yet.....

Apr 2, 07 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
scspisak

Wow, apparently Pratt admission is online here! This is her post from the "Dear Pratt" discussion forum:

Please feel free to email me at [email protected] I'm working from home and responding to all emails immediately. The decisions are sent out by the graduate architecture department, and I have been following up on individual students who have emailed me.

I'm sorry that I can't do more.

Judy Aaron

Apr 2, 07 3:27 pm  · 
 · 
+i

congrats rationalist!

Apr 2, 07 3:27 pm  · 
 · 
scspisak

Has anyone heard from Parsons for M.Arch I????

Apr 2, 07 3:28 pm  · 
 · 

Thanks all. According to one of the other posts by 'admiss', a professor informed her of the mad Pratt-admin-flaming being done here, and she's come to see if she can help a bit. Worked out very quickly for me.

Apr 2, 07 3:29 pm  · 
 · 
laurilan

congrats! maybe i'll be seeing you there!

Apr 2, 07 3:31 pm  · 
 · 

gotta wait for the financial aid stuff to know that. What about you, have you gotten the financial aid package yet? Or anything that said when you would get it?

Apr 2, 07 3:40 pm  · 
 · 
laurilan

the email didn't mention anything about financial aid. i checked the fastawards thing too - nothing on there as well. they are sending me a packet with the official letter and everything in the mail. hopefully there'll be some more information then.

i'm still waiting to hear back from 2 other schools - so i'm unsure at this point as well.

Apr 2, 07 4:04 pm  · 
 · 
alfrejas24

Congrats rationalist! Maybe I'll be seeing you there as well.

Apr 2, 07 4:09 pm  · 
 · 
Riedell101

anyone in the atlanta area? lecture at ga tech on millenium park

Apr 2, 07 4:41 pm  · 
 · 
miami

has there really been no MIT news?? Its getting a little late isnt it???

Apr 2, 07 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
bostonbean

for people still waiting for MIT, i just got an acceptance by email from them this afternoon. the email also said that they just mailed the hard copy out today. so apparently they still aren't done yet. i applied to the PhD program though, not M.Arch (but I thought it might help to know).

Apr 2, 07 5:12 pm  · 
 · 
Buckity

Parsons is the last of the 13 schools I applied to to let me know. Still waiting.

Apr 2, 07 5:13 pm  · 
 · 
cpnorris

If you are in the Denver/Boulder area, Jean Gang from Gang Studio is lecturing at CU Boulder tonight at 5:30 p.m.

Apr 2, 07 5:51 pm  · 
 · 
miami

MIT rejection just in!

Apr 2, 07 7:47 pm  · 
 · 
designbydesign

Holy fuck. I got $20,000 scholarship from xxx university. I have $$$ now.

Apr 2, 07 8:23 pm  · 
 · 

see, now that's what would make me consider going to Pratt or CCA. Congratulations, dbyd!

Apr 2, 07 8:25 pm  · 
 · 
rush3943

Sorry to be negative on my first post, but my friend heared from M.arch from Parsons about 3 weeks ago, so that doesn't sound too good. And for M.Arch at MIT, I just heared yes about 9 days ago...

Apr 2, 07 8:25 pm  · 
 · 
designbydesign

I'd go to Pratt.

wait... you are from CA right? why not move to NYC?

Apr 2, 07 8:31 pm  · 
 · 

I might, if they offered me the sort of money you're getting from "xxx university"! Right now I'm likely to go for the UW.

Apr 2, 07 8:35 pm  · 
 · 

congrats rationalist on Pratt, though your UW plan still sounds best. I was just up in Seattle a week ago and loved it. I'd totally want to be a student there.

I got a decision from MIT today, thumbs down for the SMArchS. I knew it was coming, so it was actually nice to have some finality.

0 for 2 in Cambridge

It's gonna be Yale vs. Berkeley for me (Penn is the third wheel), though trust me I won't be posting any this vs that thread. I know how to make my own decisions: It all comes down to the liquor store's proximity to the school of architecture.

Apr 2, 07 9:23 pm  · 
 · 
haano

People who are coming to Columbia Open House on Wednesday, make sure you write your archinect screenname on your name tag... so that we can say hi.. lol

Apr 2, 07 9:57 pm  · 
 · 
haano

i got a thick Abstract copy from Columbia in the mail today... did anyone else receive this?

Apr 2, 07 9:59 pm  · 
 · 
Hum4n

miami- did you get the mail today? Rejection for MARCH-1? sorry to hear that.

Apr 2, 07 9:59 pm  · 
 · 
kdollaghan

i got it, haano. it was strangely difficult to get it out of its little envelope.

Apr 2, 07 10:25 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: