Archinect
anchor

AIA electronic documents formatting help, please

This is my first time in 10 years using an electronic version of an AIA document.  If anyone has experience in solving these problems, please help:

1. The text I type into the text boxes is all scrunched up, and I can't figure out how to adjust the line spacing.

2. The strikethrough lines are all lavender, which is lovely in this Easter season but really not appropriate.  The color change options in the pull down menu are all greyed out, so I can't access them.

I'm working on this in Preview on a Mac.  Thank you so much if anyone has advice (smart-assed comments are also welcome)!

Apr 9, 12 11:27 am

is it the PDF version (the cheaper one-shot copy) or the subscription? If it's the PDF version, you get very few to zero options to modify any of the settings. Sorry. One of the reasons we're looking into having a custom contract drafted by our attorneys....

Apr 9, 12 11:38 am  · 
 · 

The cheap one.  Argh.  Lavender it is. How embarrassing.

Apr 9, 12 11:41 am  · 
 · 
Rusty!

Preview on mac will often butcher up all kinds of fillable forms. Adobe Viewer for mac will do a much better job, except once installed it will prompt you for security updates about 8 times a day.

Apr 9, 12 12:28 pm  · 
 · 

You may want to get Acrobat.

(Super secret insider knowledge? You can open PDFs, even secure ones, in Illustrator. Be forewarned though, it's dangerous territory.) If you want, you can send me the PDF via my e-mail address on Archinect, I'll see if it is editable in Acrobat and e-mail you back.

Then you can make the decision if Acrobat is worth the purchase or at least trial.

Apr 9, 12 12:29 pm  · 
 · 

jjr - you know, we've tried opening that thing in every program and it comes up locked....

Apr 9, 12 12:42 pm  · 
 · 

I think my husband has Acrobat on his computer.  I know he has Illustrator.  But I tend to believe Gregory's experience...

More smartass comments welcomed!  I remember in the first generation of AIA electronic docs the AIA log would stretch/expand if you accidentally dragged (drug?) your mouse across it.  Then you'd have to reformat the entire page once you got it shrunk back to size.  Fun times!

Apr 9, 12 1:12 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: