Archinect
anchor

banksy in LA

bigness

how is the show? anyone been?

apparently brad and angelina are huge fans. bet he be laughing, just the type of attention he wants.

anyway, more guantanamo detainees in disneyland rides...just wondering how his very british humor is going down in not so sarcastic america.

Sep 16, 06 10:20 am
Amandine

please someone blog about it! with pictures!!

Sep 16, 06 10:53 am  · 
 · 
bigness

i guess marlin...being the smart hip hop lovin individual he is...could...

Sep 16, 06 11:08 am  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

still out of town. i'm sad i'm missing this.

told my friend to go and take pics. dunno if she'll pull through.

Sep 16, 06 12:11 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

yeah! i want to see too!!!!

Sep 16, 06 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
Luis Fraguada

the show in london was gross . . . I mean, it was nice to see, but gross to be walking around with live rats all up in their crap and piss. We had to sign a waiver in case there were any rat incidents . . .Whatever effect he was aiming for, he achieved. I enjoyed seeing his work on the oil paintings. I have seen pictures on BBC.com

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/5344770.stm
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5344676.stm

Sep 16, 06 2:03 pm  · 
 · 
Appleseed

I heard the pink elephant was here in LA too.

Thesis show > Banksy show

Sep 16, 06 2:46 pm  · 
 · 
Marlin

la show location wasn't announced until the day of the show (yesterday)...may t ry and go tonight. Already sounds like a media circus, elephants and all. Coincides with
SCIArc thesis presentations (Go!!!): saturday 2-6, sunday 11-4...

Sep 16, 06 3:35 pm  · 
 · 
Cameron

went to the one with spray painted pigs in east london back in the day... the openings are always fun.

His agit prop work is pretty awesome - Gitmo captive in Disney for LA

Sep 16, 06 10:52 pm  · 
 · 
Appleseed

Where were you Marlin? Hopefully catch up tomorrow...

Sep 17, 06 5:26 am  · 
 · 
Marlin

...i'll be there today for the morning thesis session. Hitting up the banksy show afterwards. Apparently, the Elephant in the Room arrives at 1pm.

....caught the OBEY Shepard Fairey opening on Vine before dinner saturday night.

...Here in Los Angeles, it's shaping up to be a big weekend for the death of graffiti art.

BTW, sunday presentations started at 9am. I feel for the poor MArch sap presenting top of the morning.

Sep 17, 06 1:14 pm  · 
 · 
CNN.com
Sep 17, 06 3:20 pm  · 
 · 

so, according to animal rights guy, the paint's not the problem, the concrete floor is the problem.

Sep 17, 06 5:22 pm  · 
 · 

and the question they ask 'is the intended message getting across?', i.e., will the elephant remain the elephant in the room?

Sep 17, 06 5:23 pm  · 
 · 
grid

There's a big bansky piece on Melrose. It's on the 2nd floor of the east side of the building...on the south side of Melrose. Find it.

Sep 17, 06 7:11 pm  · 
 · 
silverlake

c'mon, the elephant will be fine. i'm more worried about his life in a zoo...

Sep 17, 06 7:50 pm  · 
 · 

phillip starck showed up in his show with elephants in 80's. it was in modern props, marina del rey.

Sep 17, 06 8:15 pm  · 
 · 
Marlin

a note to those who may see the show:

RE the elephant: there is a series of panels displaying process sketches and work fragments on display. On the far left panel, middle, is a small square sketch of a nondescript man in his living room sitting in a lounge chair. This drawing resembles a minimal comic strip frame, with wallpaper behind him articulated by a diamond pattern of circles. Over the sketch is a line drawing of a hidden elephant, the Elephant in the Room

Below the frame reads, "make this happen."

I enjoyed the overcrowded, hot, stuffy exhibit, and the aforementioned process sketch was worth the intolerable circus of the opening.

Sep 17, 06 9:03 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

Brad and Angelina apparently dropped $1 million + at the opening Thursday night. I was there yesterday...

while standing in line the security gards busted a kid for tagging...oh the irony

nothig better that seeing a bunch of hipster kids with their cel phone cameras taking pictures of all of the art...

oh well, who gives a damn anyways...there were a lot of cute girls there

Sep 18, 06 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

btw, art is dead

Sep 18, 06 12:30 pm  · 
 · 

hahahahahahahaha

Sep 18, 06 12:31 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

caught it last night. there was a pretty big crowd and like mdler said, a lot of cute hipster girls. i missed the elephant though =(

Sep 18, 06 1:08 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

long live cute hipster girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 18, 06 2:24 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

ha ha ha, gotta love 'em with their funky clothes and hairdos!

Sep 18, 06 4:48 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

$100,000 Mercedes in a shitty alley in LA...

Sep 18, 06 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro
Sep 18, 06 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

he's laughing his way to the bank

Sep 18, 06 4:58 pm  · 
 · 

I'd like to raise my fist in support of cute hipster girls!
LA, please ship some to Boston ASAP!

Sep 18, 06 5:27 pm  · 
 · 
silverlake

Doesn't the star-studded exclusive private opening undermine his 'street-cred'?

Sep 18, 06 7:43 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

he's laughing his way to the bank

Sep 18, 06 8:18 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

i will second the rallying cry for Cute Hipster Girls (CHG)!

Sep 18, 06 10:29 pm  · 
 · 
bigness

like banksy gives a fuck...

the first rule of bombing is, the more people see it, the better.

Sep 19, 06 6:58 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

time to die now banksy, so your minimal (not minimalist) works will appreciate in value and people will make coffee table books about you. i recommend overdosing with a cute hipster girl.

Sep 19, 06 8:27 am  · 
 · 
xtbl

i'm sure there are already a million sets of this on flickr, but here's mine anyway

Sep 19, 06 2:39 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

banksy?
Jul 16, 08 8:15 pm  · 
 · 
Alackrity

blind ollie softrock would kick his ass

Jul 17, 08 11:42 am  · 
 · 
Emilio

brangelina bought $1mil worth at his show? i bet he's running to the banksy to cash that checksy...

Jul 17, 08 7:12 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

i pooped in a drywall bucket once

Jul 18, 08 1:51 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: