Archinect
anchor

A. Epstein & Sons in Chicago? Tell me anything about them

bucktown

d I would like to know how their working environment is and whether their salary is pretty competitive.

How much should I ask for?
I have 6 years of experience in architecture and b. arch.

Please respond if you know anything about them.

Sep 13, 06 12:00 am
postal

as i recall... some people on insidearch.org didn't think too highly of them

Sep 13, 06 11:07 am  · 
 · 
bucktown

Thanks but that's just one person's response. =(

Sep 14, 06 1:01 am  · 
 · 
postal

i don't think it is just one persons... they don't post the firm until they recieve enough input... at least that's what the site says... who knows otherwise...

Sep 14, 06 1:14 pm  · 
 · 
postal

ah nevermind..it's one or two...that's not very good then...

well, the only other bit i know is i have a friend who's an engineer there. just does civil stuff. entirely uninteresting. but gets paid well

Sep 14, 06 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Whenever a starchitect (Foster, Rem, etc.) wants to build something in town, Epstein is usually one of those firms that's in the running to become the architect of record and be in charge of actually building said starchitect's high-profile project. While most of Epstein's work is dull and uninspiring from a design point of view, I imagine it would be very good technical experience, especially if you're lucky to work on a showcase project.

I have no idea about the work environment, etc., though.

Sep 14, 06 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

Check out their sister company for the design side. I cant recall the name but really actualy Epstien is a serious firm. Big Big billings and some interesting things. I recall some unique residential design for a high rise in Milwaukee. But again, its their design sister company, sort of the design division.

Sep 14, 06 7:14 pm  · 
 · 
BigAaron

Annex 5 is the 'design' side of the firm.

Sep 14, 06 11:27 pm  · 
 · 
bucktown

Thanks for all your replies. =) As long as I don't work on big boxy projects, I will be happy. =)

Sep 15, 06 4:53 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: