Archinect
anchor

artist renderings

beto641

Was wondering how much artist renderings run for these days?

the situation:

my friend's dad business is building a house and they want an artist rendering for advertisement. seeing as how he knows me, he asked me if its something I would be willing to do and I said yes. The big question is how much do I charge him? I am recent grad and not done freelance before so I'm not sure how much to charge (flat fee or hourly) I know how much my firm charges, but I would not charge that, because the rates are rediculous? But was wondering if anyone could give me some tips or advice, I want a reasonable price for both of us!!

Sep 11, 06 7:33 pm
mdler

what kind of business is it???

do they have the $$$

how much do you value your time???

Sep 11, 06 8:04 pm  · 
 · 
beto641

its just a pretty low-key real estate business, and they have money but probably not all that much which is probably why they are coming to me instead of actually going to a "professional renderer" and such.

as for my time...i dont mind putting in the time because they dont need the rendering for another month, but I just don't want to throw out a rediculous figure at him and have him give me a long face, but at the same time I want it to at least be worth my time.

Sep 11, 06 9:10 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

don't do it.

Sep 11, 06 9:21 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

How good are you? This is a huge factor in deciding price.

If you can compete with the pros, simply ask your friend what their budget is. He/she should be honest with you, and if they want to do it on the cheap, they should tell you what they will/can pay.

If the number is really low, offer additional views for a little more, so that way you make $$ and they get more bang for the buck.

Sep 11, 06 9:59 pm  · 
 · 
beto641

thanks for the help trace, that sounds pretty reasonable in terms of dealing with him. I consider myself to produce pretty good quality stuff renderings, especially computer-renderings which is what they are looking for, so I hope things work out.....

Sep 12, 06 12:12 pm  · 
 · 
archetype
http://www.asai.org/FeeSurvey
Sep 13, 06 1:03 am  · 
 · 
trace™

Quality is a key aspect that is missing from surveys (assuming there was one). I know of firms that charge little for a rendering, but they look terrible. Other firms charge what they want, and it's big $$, because they are talented and experienced.

Sep 13, 06 9:01 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: