Archinect
anchor

Theme for your design

Transparence

If you were to design a five star hotel, which architectural element would you use as a theme and why?

Apr 5, 12 5:19 am

The firestop.

Apr 5, 12 9:55 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

The fireplace.

Apr 5, 12 10:25 pm  · 
 · 
i r giv up

horrible premise.

Apr 5, 12 11:14 pm  · 
 · 

cocoon: representing the isolation, protection, pampering, and self-satisfaction of those who can stay there from the messiness of the four-star-and-below world. 

Apr 6, 12 7:23 am  · 
 · 

Armored and reinforced everything— repurpose it as a timeshare or condominium for the wealthy in the post-apocalyptic near-future as a safe haven from the teeming rioting zombie-like poor.

Apr 6, 12 12:03 pm  · 
 · 
TIQM

How about a hospital theme? 

The rooms could be just like hospital rooms, except with nicer bathrooms, and more closet space.  They could be filled with fake medical equipment, EKGs, tubes and wires, TVs mounted high on the wall on articulated arms. To call for room service, you pull the little red cord next to the bed.   And the restaurant could look like the cafeteria of an inner city hospital, with formica and flickering florescent lights, and plastic trays.  And the staff could wear doctor and nurse uniforms, with stethescopes as necklaces.  And the reception area could be like the emergency room.

I'm telling you, this could work.  Call it "General Hospital".

Apr 6, 12 12:18 pm  · 
 · 
calculator

@donna sink

I chuckled. 

Apr 6, 12 12:18 pm  · 
 · 

is "a dragon" an architectural element?

Apr 6, 12 2:32 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: