Archinect
anchor

Another resume ?

wilsonjd

Is it acceptable to put any information with regard to race on a resume? Meaning I've received scholarships throughout college from my tribe, but when I list the scholarship on my resume, should I give details of the scholarship?

Obviously I don't want ethnicity to be an issue, but at the same time I want to be clear as to my education and awards.

Sep 7, 06 12:16 am
AbrahamNR

If it's to say "I'm black" then I would'nt do it. But if it's to list your awards and scholarships then i see no problem.

Sep 7, 06 12:49 am  · 
 · 

Put the name of the award, and if it has academic/professional relevance, i.e. "Yavapai Tribe Building Communities scholarship: given each year to one outstanding student studying architecture, construction, or urban planning" would be sufficient, you don't need to mention that it's given to an "outstanding student within the Yavapai tribe studying...". That's usually self explanatory by the name. Or if you're tight on room, you don't have to put a description at all.

Sep 7, 06 2:02 am  · 
 · 
wilsonjd

Got it Rationalist. Thank you much!

Sep 7, 06 10:31 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: