Archinect
anchor

Archinect iPhone app

Last night I was accessing Archinect from my iPhone, as I do from time to time, and when the page loaded I was prompted to download and install the new Archinect iPhone app. All I can say is I've been waiting in eager anticipation since Jan 28, 2012.

If I recall, mention of the app (or rather Paul's work update on the app) made it into Nam's Editor's picks shortly thereafter but other than that, there hasn't been much buzz about it. Personally, I think it is great, and I can't wait for commenting to become available. Great work Archinect. 

Apr 3, 12 11:47 am

Editor's Picks #248

Apr 3, 12 11:49 am  · 
 · 
Archinect

Thanks Brian! We are excited about it too. We're waiting to make a small little update before making an official announcement here on Archinect. But we may do it sooner than later.

Apr 3, 12 12:00 pm  · 
 · 

I thought that might be the case. Make sure things are working right before adding a lot of hype (Windows Vista comes to mind as a negative example). Sorry if I rushed your timeline. Feel free to make this thread quietly disappear because of server error or something like that if you need to.

Apr 3, 12 12:07 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

I once made a mistake of visiting archinect on an Android device. Yeeesh!

iPhone app makes a lot more sense than an Android one (arch. community resoundly prefers iDevice), but it would be awesome to see http://m.archinect.com instead of dedicated apps.

Apr 3, 12 12:33 pm  · 
 · 
Archinect

m.archinect.com is under development right now.

Apr 3, 12 12:39 pm  · 
 · 

Commenting is now available on the iPhone app. Just login (or register if you don't have an account) in the app using the same username/password you do on the website.

May 1, 12 11:58 am  · 
 · 

Paul sweet, just in time for may day! also i just today (and independently of your post) discovered the 1x and 2x options on the app.

nice.

May 1, 12 9:37 pm  · 
 · 
a-f

The app looks great, but... I can't get the list of discussions to get updated properly. It's only listing a fraction of the most recently updated threads.

May 3, 12 3:26 am  · 
 · 

same here

nam, what is the 1x 2x option?

May 3, 12 6:09 am  · 
 · 

I saw it in the bottom of the app screen. just blows up the app windows to fit screen. like a zoom in out?

I was on an ipad so maybe it is something specific to pad and not the archinect app?

May 3, 12 8:08 am  · 
 · 
Archinect

a-f, the discussions in the app are currently only "featured" discussions, ordered by date of original post. We are working on a mobile version of the discussion forum right now, and this will be integrated into the app as soon as it's ready.

Nam - that zoom feature is native to the iPad, when viewing iPhone apps.

May 3, 12 11:29 am  · 
 · 
Rusty!

"Nam - that zoom feature is native to the iPad, when viewing iPhone apps."

hahaha 

May 3, 12 11:37 am  · 
 · 

hmmmm i guess to account for screen size difference?

May 3, 12 12:12 pm  · 
 · 
Archinect

The iPhone and iPad have different resolutions and aspect ratios, so when you view an iPhone app on an iPad, the iPhone's size and aspect ratio are displayed, by default, in the middle of the screen, but you can "zoom" using the 2x button. Unfortunately Apple doesn't use the app's retina resolution graphics so the zoom view is very pixelated.

May 3, 12 12:30 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: