Archinect
anchor

C.V.?

blurb

What do you think is a good format for an architects resume? I'm in the process of re-working mine. I have had the opportunity to work on o a few high profile projects and would like to highlight that in the resume. I have also only worked at one firm. I was considering formatting the resume in such a way that I list the firm and below that all the projects I have worked on with that firm and what my duties were on that project. However, I'm not sure if this is a good way to go about it... what do you guys think?

Aug 28, 06 10:33 pm
some person

Have you held more than one position at the firm? Perhaps you could split your experience into each job title so that your resume looks "fuller." Did you work on Project A as an intern, Project B as a project architect, etc? i.e. Did you have the same job title for the duration of a project, then get promoted for the next project?

In the past, when I reviewed resumes, I always seemed to look for the ones that had 3 to 4 "groupings" on a page. By grouping, I mean firm or job title.

If, however, you have only worked for this firm for a short time, it would not be good to fluff-up your resume. How long have you been there?

Aug 28, 06 10:57 pm  · 
 · 
blurb

the whole story is that it was my first intership and I was working more or less on three projects two of which were high profile projects. My tasks varried from one to the other.

Aug 29, 06 10:34 am  · 
 · 
ferd

fuller?

Aug 29, 06 11:25 am  · 
 · 
Becker

more full.

Aug 30, 06 6:13 am  · 
 · 
silverlake

a fuller resume is embiggining

Aug 30, 06 3:59 pm  · 
 · 
quizzical
blurb

: there's been a lot of previous discussion on this forum about resumes and job hunting ... much of it is very useful ... I might suggest you peruse these threads:

Another job application/ portfolios question....

Best Way To Appproach a Firm

more resume coverletter questions

Aug 30, 06 5:10 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: