Archinect
anchor

Chandigargh

citadel

I'm doing a bit of research, maybe for a paper, on Corbusier's Chandigarh, and I am wondering if anyone here knows of any films (likely Bollywood) set in the city or that use, represent or visualise the architecture or planning in any way at all?

Cheers

Btw Vikramaditya Prakash's book Chandigargh's Le Corbuser (2002) is a really fine and scholarly read.

Aug 20, 06 7:48 am
aemkei

IMDB lists only five...

Aug 20, 06 7:12 pm  · 
 · 
citadel

Thanks, aemkei. That was useful.

Aug 21, 06 11:44 pm  · 
 · 
Luis Fraguada

citadel, what topics are you looking to discuss?

Aug 22, 06 4:49 am  · 
 · 
citadel

Really I am interested in finding out about contemporary responses to the 'moment' of Chandigarh in India's post-independence history. I thought contemporary film may reveal, even if not its explicit topic, attitudes toward Corbusian modernity as it is manifested there.

I hope you know what I mean. Did you have another idea?

Btw I'm also keen on the way cinematic production 'reads' buildings more generally, so any other instances of this are welcome: Godard's Contempt is a good example, Cronenberg's Shivers, the movie 'Candyman', or Antonioni's Zabriskie Point (incidentally one of the candidates on Zizek's list for the worst movie of all time).

Also sorry I spelt Chandigarh with two gs on the post

Aug 22, 06 9:47 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: