Archinect
anchor

Archiflash ARE card set for sale (2003). $30

xfogafn

Archiflash ARE card set for sale (2003). Asking $30.00 Set is complete and in excellent condition. Buyer to pay for shipping. I will accept US Postal money orders or Paypal for payment. Please contact: [email protected]

Aug 16, 06 8:57 am
boca

do know how much the test changes from year to year? 2003-2006?

Aug 16, 06 1:26 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

I didn't want them for $45, I don't want them for $30, and I wouldn't want them if you were giving them away.

Aug 16, 06 1:31 pm  · 
 · 
Aluminate

The multiple choice exams were last revamped in early 2004. Major changes happen only every 5 to 7 years on average.

The 2004 changes mainly involved the addition of a great deal of questions on "green" issues, sustainability, embodied energy/life-cycle costs, solar issues, best sitings and footprints for various climates, etc.
There was also content added to most of the tests that focuses on firm and project management. If you're studying with pre-2004 study guides or flashcards you'll find that the content is nearly identical to newer editions (ALS/Kaplan for instance has been recycling 90% of the same material since the late 1970s and just slapping new covers on their guides.) These study materials are fine, but you will want to supplement your studies with some reading on green issues in particular.

There are at least two newer editions of the ArchiFlash cards, but in some ways the older cards are surprisingly more relevant to the current test. That's because the newer cards have gotten "ahead" of the current test material because they're updated so much more often than the test. For example: the newer editions of the flashcards reflect the changes to the CSI specifications system that expanded it to +/- 40 divisions. But the test questions on the ARE still all assume the older 16-section CSI system, so the newer flashcards don't correspond.

xfogafn: if I were you I'd try selling these on the "for sale" section of www.areforum.org or on Amazon. The 2003 set typically re-sells on both of those sites for +/- $75.

Aug 16, 06 4:50 pm  · 
 · 
xfogafn

Aluminate thank you for the good ideas! Cheers, Kevin

Aug 16, 06 8:55 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: