Archinect
anchor

granite surface finish issue

cmrhm

Hi, all,

I have some questions regarding the granite panel finish, like polished vs tooth-chiselled.  My current office tower project need to use granite panel cladding for the exterior wall.  Generally I feel the tooth-chiselled finish is more suble and elegant for an office tower. But I guess it is easy to get dirty.  Is my concern an issue? What is the pro and con for using tooth-chiselled finish?

I would like to listen to you guys's opinion. THANKS.

Mar 22, 12 12:15 am
holz.box

won't anti-graffiti coat adhere more consistently to the polished?

Mar 22, 12 12:31 am  · 
 · 
snook_dude

Holz.  This is true with FRP  board.  That is why the health code police love the nubby stuff in  commercial kitchens.  There have actually been studies done on it for hygene reasons....so I'm sure they would hold up to  the grafffti police.

Mar 22, 12 6:35 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

There's lots of tooth-chiseled granite in graffiti vulnerable spots in downtown Los Angeles. I'm sure you can find a anti-graffiti coating that will work - granite, even when roughly finished is not especially porous.

Mar 22, 12 10:16 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: