Archinect
anchor

Channel Archinect

bRink

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0kWDZfJkuU]Danwei TV's "Big Buildings in Beijing'... Koolhaas' CCTV building etc.[/ulr]

Sep 10, 06 7:53 pm  · 
 · 
bRink

oops... typo, here:

Danwei TV's "Big Buildings in Beijing'... Koolhaas' CCTV building etc.

Sep 10, 06 7:54 pm  · 
 · 

the fallingwater flick is cool, and you're dead on right about the sound cues adding to the illusion.

Sep 10, 06 10:07 pm  · 
 · 
bRink

channel archinect presents

random amusement 01

Sep 12, 06 3:09 am  · 
 · 
bRink
random amusement 02
Sep 12, 06 3:22 am  · 
 · 
bRink
helecopter view of hong kong
Sep 12, 06 3:31 am  · 
 · 
bRink
dubai under construction
Sep 12, 06 3:36 am  · 
 · 
bRink
andy goldsworthy
Sep 12, 06 3:45 am  · 
 · 
bRink
rivers and tides
Sep 12, 06 3:52 am  · 
 · 
bRink
random amusement 03

more...
Sep 12, 06 4:03 am  · 
 · 
khmay
paris
Sep 12, 06 2:23 pm  · 
 · 

looks like dubai is gonna be helicopter view of hong kong when he grows up.

Sep 12, 06 2:42 pm  · 
 · 

after seeing bejing video:

china is clearly the 21 st century's most advancement propelled country. and, when they start to collect, they will look down on us like a x spoiled brat.

Sep 12, 06 2:49 pm  · 
 · 
Marlin

architecture is rarely funny.
Unless you throw in George Bush and John Stewart.

A daily show clip from 2003... It'll make you change your profile name to Architecture Fancy Machine

Sep 26, 06 4:25 am  · 
 · 
Marlin

you know? i take that back:

architecture can be funny as hell in the hands of students with cameras and paper puppet cutouts of Frank Gehry and Robert Venturi and Diane Ghirardo

Watch AN ARCHITECTURE OF DECEIT!

keep your eye on the mouth that ain't talking.

Sep 26, 06 5:23 am  · 
 · 
Marlin

well, every Charlie Rose show that, for a month or two, was free,is no longer.

But, a prize for OMA obsessives popped up on Google video:
Watch a ten part realtime series on the construction of the Serpentine Pavillion

Oddly enough, these were on YouTube a week ago, but have since disappeared. Cease and Desist?

Sep 28, 06 6:11 pm  · 
 · 
Marlin

A Candian television director offers show segments on two projects in Montreal:
Visit Moshe Safdie's Habitat project for the '67 Expo. It's rare to see total coverage of a private interior in videos, which is what makes this video distinct: the director has full access to the interiors of the dwelling units, and conversates with the owner (in french).

Visit the Maison Cormier, a mechanized home with moving ramps and furniture/floor components.
No fronting, while the house is interesting, and described as "minimalist", the machined parts amount to little in terms of delivering spatial affect. But, it's neato!

Sep 29, 06 5:27 am  · 
 · 
bigness

has the bush administration ignored warning signs to protect america from terrorism, and decided instead to go down the "more missiles" route?

and it could also be thought that maybe that strategy was chosen because it would benefit some friends. but that's a whole different story...

would you rather have september 11 because of stupidity or corruption?

your pick.

Sep 29, 06 11:17 am  · 
 · 
Marlin

(I have a SMAW, so I don't need either. Were links disabled, big?)

Sep 29, 06 10:21 pm  · 
 · 
bigness

uhm
dunno
cant find it anymore. i remember posting it with the link, but maybe i'm wrong. and the original file it's not there anymore.

anyway, beter than politics

male restroom etiquette

Sep 30, 06 7:50 am  · 
 · 
AP

that was pretty hilarious, bigness.

an interview with author, Harry G. Frankfurt, Professor Emeritus of Philosophy at Princeton University. His 67 page essay On Bullshit was recently published in book form.

sample questions:
Do you find bullshitters actually more reprehensible than liars?

Does bullshit require a kind of creativity or imagination that simple falsehood doesn't?

Are more highly educated people more likely to engage in bullshit?

Oct 1, 06 12:21 pm  · 
 · 
Marlin

"An exercise in invention, the building required one technical innovation after another, ultimately costing four times the original estimate."

Think you know the whole story behind the famous indestructible columns? Talk to the cactus, Mr. Hand!

...another spectacular architectural documentary available on Google Video, this time on Frank Lloyd Wright's Johnson Wax Building in Racine, Wisconson

"The johnson Wax company continued to innovate materials research for the benefit of homemakers nationwide," including, apparently, the invention of the hoverboard featured prominently in "Back to the Future II". The beat kids skate surf style...

Oct 3, 06 1:12 pm  · 
 · 
Marlin

Are you a Miralles junkie? I am.

An architecure student has uploaded a 20min realtime walk-through of Miralles/Pinos' Igualada Cemetery to google video.

No fronting, no edits, no commentary, no frills, no music. Just pure cinematic indulgence in the hands of a junkie with similar concerns as yours: rust stains, concrete details, joinery, space, environment, and context.

Grab a glass of Spanish red wine, pull out your tattered Miralles mongraph, flip to the planometric page and follow along with your host!

also, pull up more selections From User: contains some venice bienalle coverage, and videos of architect Watanabe Makoto's K museum.

Oct 7, 06 12:43 am  · 
 · 
Marlin

bienalle. don't hate. preview isn't working properly

Oct 7, 06 12:44 am  · 
 · 
juan moment

For all of you Jacobsen lovers out there........

Royal Hotel Videoklip

Nov 9, 06 11:19 pm  · 
 · 
AP

so, other day I'm surfing through the Special Interest section on Netflix, in the Art & Design subcategory, and I find a series called:

Architectures (1-4)

These are the elegantly produced 25 minute documentaries that we've become so fond...from Corbusier's La Tourette (posted by Marlin on July 31) to the Johnson Wax Bldg (posted by Marlin on Oct 3)...they're all here.

Each of the 4 disks has 6-25 minute documentaries. I received Architectures 1 in the mail on Thursday evening. The first chapter is the Dessau Bauhaus. This disk also includes Siza's Architecture School in Porto, as well as the Pompidou Center (both previously posted here).

So, if a small, grainy youtube/googlevideo version doesn't do it for you, or if you want the option of German, French of English audio...

Dec 11, 06 1:29 pm  · 
 · 
AP

I just posted this in the news on Le Corbusier's Church of St. Pierre in Firminy, France (finally complete after 50+ years in the making)...here is a chronological archive of short videos following the project's more recent construction etc. from Dec 2004 - Nov 2006. One of the videos from this past November is a brief monologue by Thom Mayne as he stands before the project, struggling to put his reaction into words...

Jan 26, 07 9:26 am  · 
 · 

You know that would actually be quite honouring. To have an ill fated design finished posthumously (send balance fee to my grieving widow as yet un-named)

Jan 26, 07 7:07 pm  · 
 · 

speaking of libraries and librarians,

mininova

and

Studio Lynn

Feb 8, 07 1:49 pm  · 
 · 
Doug Johnston
futuro house project
Feb 9, 07 12:26 am  · 
 · 

not sure if this has been posted before but a walk through of falling water:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqsk4WARk2I&eurl=

Feb 11, 07 7:51 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: