Archinect
anchor

good food for NYC archinect'ers

maya mcdifference

can anyone recommend the best (less expensive) places to eat for someone who's new to the area?

Jul 26, 06 5:22 pm
darkred

Just came out...

http://nymag.com/restaurants/cheapeats/2006/18479/

Jul 26, 06 5:28 pm  · 
 · 
edmund.l.liang

i just ate at the burger joint. litterally a hole in the wall at a fancy beougie hotel off 57th. it will definitely give me the shits tonight and maybe the squirts tomorrow. damn well worth the money and wait. i sat in rene zelleweger's seat in the corner. after a hard day's work i hundled in the corner with my brown bag and burger w/milk shake and got hit with the cook's towel. it was like a blessing. i love it. welcome to ny.

Jul 26, 06 11:51 pm  · 
 · 
squaresquared

Shaybug: in order to eat anything decent, go downtown. The UWS is a complete wasteland. The East Village has tons of reasonably priced cafes.

Some favorites:

Cafe Mogador on St. Mark's & 1st Ave. (Morrocan). A little pricey, but awesome.

Orlin on St. Mark's Place & 2nd Ave. (American). The menu can be hit-and-miss, but it's a great place to sit and read or meet a friend for lunch.

Blue 9 Burger on 3rd Ave & 12th(?). In-N-Out Burger in NYC.

Momofuku on 1st Ave & 10th St. (Noodle bar-Cajun). Awesome minimalist interior and there's usually a line around the block. Pretty trendy right now.

Be sure to stop in at St. Mark's Bookshop on 2nd Ave. & 9th St. and also to visit the Strand bookstore on Broadway & 12th. They both have great architecture sections.

See you at Columbia soon!

Jul 27, 06 11:30 am  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

I'm sure you can search for this.

Jul 27, 06 11:49 am  · 
 · 
biggz

MAMOON'S
falafels are still $2, thats like 80's prices
the shawarma is where its at though

Jul 27, 06 3:39 pm  · 
 · 
maya mcdifference

anyone know where you can get really good cheap ethiopian food? i went to this ethiopian place in san francisco one time... we only paid $18 for dinner for the three of us!

Jul 27, 06 7:21 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: