Archinect
anchor

Wallpaper/Int. Billboard Help

oakland jones

I am specifying an image, conceptually like wallpaper or a billboard approximately 23'4” x 21'6”, for the lobby of a commercial project.

Has anyone completed something similar for an architectural application or possibly an art installation and could offer suggestions on manufacturing as well as execution?

Jul 14, 06 10:41 am
e

oakland, i am currently designing about 6500 sq ft of murals for a client of mine. the largest one is 17'x65'. it is for a gallery in los angeles.

there are a handful of places that do large scale printing mostly on a vutek grand format printer [120" wide]. we are printing on a vinyl material that will be applied to the wall. we will also use a matte varnish with a uv coating. often they can print on almost anything unless it has a lot of loose fibers like carpet. i saw a bob dylan exhbit that had a portrait of him with with ink on black leather. we chose the vinyl because of the high traffic of younger people and wanted a durable surface that the client could clean.

here is a link to a similar place ivey

Jul 14, 06 11:25 am  · 
 · 
oakland jones

thank you.

Jul 17, 06 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh
www.vomela.com
www.crushcreative.com
Jul 18, 06 12:43 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: