Archinect
anchor

The Inevitable Project Runway Thread

****melt

OMG! I wanted to trot around in that outfit too DubK. I LOVED Jillian and Victorya's design and actually completely surprised when they did not win.

Jan 18, 08 6:12 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

spoiler alert! spoiler alert!

you can see the 5 finalists collections at new york fashion week here:

http://www.bravotv.com/Project_Runway/season/4/final_collections

Sweet P
Chris
Jillian
Rami
Christian

lookin' good!

Feb 12, 08 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Isn't this a rouse? Don't they actually make all 5 of them come up with full lines for fashion week even though they really pick 3 finalists? I heard that they did this last season....

Feb 13, 08 1:41 am  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

the first and second seasons had 4 people show (with 3 real finalists).

i believe it was austin on season 1 and kara on season 2 who were 'fake' finalists.

the third season 4 people showed and there were 4 real finalists. i think the producers did this because kara's collection may have won the whole thing in season 2 - she was kind of boring during the season but really pulled it together for her show.

who knows what they're doing this season - probably 4 finalists so one of those guys won't count.

Feb 13, 08 10:43 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Wow I didn't realize that Kara's collection was so good. I might have to look that up.

Well I'm anxious to see it go down.....I can't imagine that Sweet Pea will make it whether there are one or two that get kicked out, though. She's definitely sweet but that only goes so far.....

And how about Chris March's resurrection from the dead, anyway? Kind of a cool story.

I'm rooting for Jillian!

Feb 13, 08 3:10 pm  · 
 · 

hmmm, for the most part I heart Rami's collection... but the couple of looks that I don't love, I really hate. And Christian needs to expand his color palette in a big way.

Feb 13, 08 9:28 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

christian's going for the architect vote

he was my favorite but that collection .. i'm verklempt

Feb 13, 08 10:12 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

first of two part finale 2-nite !!

mini-playoff between chris and rami: show your three best looks and the winner is in the final with jillian and christian

no sweet p :(
(though she got to show, yo! good for her!)

Feb 27, 08 6:39 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

'twas rami

i thought that coat would keep him out
final next week!

then top chef chicagobama!

Feb 28, 08 11:15 am  · 
 · 
simples

FR&C // that coat was so over the top...showed almost no sensitivity at all, which is strange for flowing rami...

i thought chris' "play-off" collection was better than rami's - but i really think the human hair turned the judges off ...additionally, the judges were fully aware that rami is the better fashion designer of the two...

Feb 28, 08 11:41 am  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

yea the whole time i thought chris had it

and i get that human hair is weird/unusual, but is it really that much different from fur or leather or snake skin or whatever? the way it was done was pretty cool - as the models stomped it had good movement to it

[img]http://www.bravotv.com/Project_Runway/season/4/photos/photos/Episode%2013/gallery_images_Episode_13_18.jpg[img]

Mar 5, 08 3:50 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?
Mar 5, 08 3:51 pm  · 
 · 
simples

tonight is the finale, right??
i am thinking christian will win...but i think it will be close...christian, jillian and rami were the better designers all along...

Mar 5, 08 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?
congratulations

christian!

fan favorite and project runway winner!!

Mar 6, 08 10:31 am  · 
 · 
brer

Christian's last look, the evening gown, was absolutely bonkers - so beautiful.

Mar 6, 08 11:46 am  · 
 · 
simples

the wife like christian's collection best...i liked rami's, but creativity and drama has paid off for previous winners, so i had a feeling christian would take it...all three collections were great though...good stuff...this is the only reality tv show i can handle, btw...

Mar 6, 08 11:55 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

I liked several pieces from each collection.....I liked that Rami used color, even if they weren't the greatest colors.....I loved Jillian's details and knits....and while it annoyed me that Christian sent 5 black outfits down in a row, I appreciate the showmanship of sending out those and then adding in bits of color, and ending with that one amazing dress. That dress put it over the top. I honestly didn't know who they were going to pick until the end though. I guess if they are all that good you have to go with something like drama to come up with a decision.

When Michael Kors started talking about that dress, I jinxed him....it was really spectacular!

That ^ picture of Christian with Heidi is so funny. Heidi is such a badass, in stilettos for god's sakes.

Mar 6, 08 12:49 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

major!

Mar 6, 08 1:36 pm  · 
 · 
AP

also the only reality show i can handle, and the gf loves me for it.

i was pulling for rami but was sorta expected christian to win. all 3 of them are super talented designers...

best wearable look was rami's w/ the hot pink skirt.

Mar 6, 08 3:50 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

why do guys like rami so much? best line of the night, michael kors, "those colors are what i like to call very brady bunch." spot on.

i was rooting for jillian. i thought she really pulled through and will be a great designer (also always loved that she worked for ralph lauren), but christian is definitely the visionary. this was the first season i thought there was a hands down winner, and it was christian.

Mar 6, 08 6:45 pm  · 
 · 
simples

jafidler...although i liked rami's collection's best, i was not a fan of the brady bunch colors he selected either...but overall, his designs were creative, elegant, mature in character, and beautfiully detailed...christians, imho, could've afford to be a bit more contained (but then again, extra points for drama on the finale from the judges)

i always liked jillian, but i thought her collection (since it had a more casual wearable feel to it - it was probably the only collection ready to go on the market) didn't seem as polished or "accomplished" as the other 2...having said that, the wife and i both thought it was shitty that the rami and jillian got auf'd, and that jillian had to leave the runway before the end...they should've kept the 3 up there (they were all great) and just announce the winner...

Mar 7, 08 11:25 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

christians collection was the best, the most innovative, couture...although jillian has a way of making jackets/coats that are some damn good, that i'd like to wear them. the red ling in the jacket is amazing...

Mar 8, 08 6:01 am  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

christian siriano and nina were on ugly betty tonight!

worship me, bitches!

May 1, 08 11:51 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Ok, so I'm late to the party. I swore off the show after the whole jay thing, I just didnt like him, and when he came back to Phila U for fashion crits, he was an ass. That being said...I saw the last 5 episodes of last season on Sunday. The show wasn't bad, it was good. Since my college roomate was a fashion design major, I was looking at it from that stand point, but I would totally wear almost any of Jillians outfits. Rami's stuff is sold online, and even though I liked some of it, even the teal blues, some of his details turn me off, namely mismatched collars.

For the record, even though christian was creative, HE annoyed me.

May 28, 08 4:01 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

i've liked all the villains except for wendy

my favs:

season 1 - austin scarlet
season 2 - santino
season 3 - jeffrey
season 4 - christian

bring on season 5!!!

May 28, 08 6:24 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

(starting july 2008)

happy happy joy joy!

May 28, 08 6:28 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

season 5 is 2 weeks away!

Jul 2, 08 5:00 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

es aquí !!

Jul 16, 08 10:39 pm  · 
 · 
simples

i was shocked the trash bag dress made it through...the asian designer swung hard and missed it with his shower curtain and cleaning gloves, but at least he tried...

overall, i thought most of them were not creative at all...

funny though, one of the best dresses last night kind of takes the thread around to a full cycle (see first post on thread)

Jul 17, 08 11:45 pm  · 
 · 
boxy

why are there even non-amateurs in the show? i thought the whole point was to discover the next great designer.

i agree, work looked very sloppy and uninspired. i hope this season heads more toward couture ala project runway canada as opposed to sporstwear/everyday wear.

Jul 18, 08 9:41 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

I hated that Asian guy as soon as he proclaimed how awesome he was, while they showed his bio video in the background, which contained nothing but black clothing that looks like it came off the rack at Macy's. I was pleased with their choice to kick him off because it gave me hope that they might actually keep the better designers longer this season, in lieu of keeping the agitators just for the sake of television. The trash bag lady deserved to go home as much as he did but at least her previous work looks more inspired than that.

No matter how uninspired this group looks so far, you can't deny that it's good to have Tim Gunn back for a while!

Jul 18, 08 8:30 pm  · 
 · 

I thought the girl who won's dress was pretty cute, and really liked the girl from Portland's previous body of work... high hopes for her.

So glad they kicked off asian boredom- I wanted him gone from the moment he proclaimed that he was "on the forefront of being a big name." I kept really hoping he meant that he was on the cusp of being a big name, but it turned out that his ego really was that gigantic. How tedious.

Jul 18, 08 9:07 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Seriously what was up with that "raincoat"? I just looked like he draped a plastic coat on the poor girl.

Jul 18, 08 9:28 pm  · 
 · 
simples

speaking of keeping agitators around, i hope the tan-bed-addict guy won't make it too far...it could ruin the show for me...

Jul 18, 08 11:54 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

10 designers left

i like Korto at this point, i think she can put together some interesting looks. i can't believe the tanning bed guy is still around maybe tonight he goes ..

there's not really a clear favorite or the bad boy this time. kind of boring c'est la vie ~

Aug 27, 08 11:39 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

how did kenley not get auf'd?

i'm shocked

Sep 11, 08 1:46 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?
tim gunn

to be the final guest judge at bryant park! replacing the injured jenny lopez

anyone in new york going to this thing? is it happening now? wow!

Sep 12, 08 4:00 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

thank god for project runway

Oct 8, 08 11:58 pm  · 
 · 
flop

agreed, free ramos. i never knew there was a project runway thread.. this just made my day. Even though I found this group to be somewhat lackluster and uninspiring, they've kind of grown on me (well, leanne and korto at least) and i'm looking forward to the finale..

Oct 9, 08 1:03 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

oooh ooh am I allowed to talk about it...?

(skip if you don't want spoilers)

Yay all-girl finale! I found Kenley to be entirely annoying and rude by the end of the season but her stuff was sometimes cute and her wedding dress was undeniably pretty. It seems like she's calmed down a little for the end, which is good. I still want Leanne or Korto to win though. They are both so genuine and sweet. Sad to see Jerell go but what the hell was he thinking with that line? Who is he designing for? Heiress Fun Barbie?

Oct 9, 08 3:11 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

seeing korto, leanne, and jerell act like such bitches in the last few shows has in fact made me sympathize with kenley. i never thought too much of her work during most of the season, but now, i'm hoping she pulls it out. and her two dresses last night were really spectacular, some of the finest work i've seen on prw (leanne's were outstanding too).

Oct 9, 08 7:46 am  · 
 · 
larslarson

i'm not sure how genuine leanne is...she seems as back biting
as most..she just says it in a nice way.

kenley...reminds me of arch school...she's just that overconfident
student that doesn't want anyone else's advice...and in truth..
what does tim gunn say anyway? his crits would be difficult for me
to take as well..he's right sometimes, but for the most part he just
seems like a cheerleader and kenley calls him on it...

but her work...where is the range? and she should've been eliminated
a long time ago...i think the attitude actually kept her in...the judges
decisions are only part of the equation...they also try to keep the show
interesting..(i think it says something like that in the fine print)

korto seemed trite in the previous episode...complaining to kenley that she dissed her work...when she basically said that kenley isn't a good
person...i felt like the three of them were trying to treat it like
survivor and keep kenley off the island.

with that said...is there any of their work you really really want to see?
there hasn't really been a star this season...i feel like the past
winners have been fairly obvious early...they had pinache and a
voice that was consistent. with these three i'm just like..eh..even
though they may have been the best of the bunch

Oct 9, 08 9:55 am  · 
 · 
T D

Korto's 2 dresses were baaaaaaaad last night. i mean really bad. she is extremely lucky she isn't gone. i thought her work was worse than jerell's last night but maybe their decision was based on overall performance in all the previous challenges.

Oct 9, 08 9:55 am  · 
 · 
larslarson

well..if that were the case wouldn't jerell be in?
i feel like he won more challenges.

Oct 9, 08 10:18 am  · 
 · 
T D

Yes, that's probably true. So I guess I'm not sure why Jerell is out. His stuff wasn't good last night but definitely better than Korto's.

Oct 9, 08 12:19 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

personally, i thought korto had a stronger body of work over the course of the season. jerell's was just a bit too sloppy to make the final cut. (and did you see some of the pieces he was showing tim for his final collection? weird. i think that also may have had something to do with it.)

Oct 9, 08 12:40 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

kenley/alexander mcqueen comparison

with korto's dresses it was interesting that tim's critique was they were too similar then the judges said they had nothing to do with each other. i didn't like her wedding dress but thought the bridesmaid one was all right and she deserves to be in the final over jerell.

totally agree with larslarson regarding no stars this season and the work hasn't been as good as in the past.

Oct 9, 08 1:27 pm  · 
 · 

soooooooooo glad i don't have cable.

Oct 9, 08 1:45 pm  · 
 · 

how could they get rid of Jerrel - sigh, he was so fricking talented

Oct 9, 08 2:30 pm  · 
 · 
flop

i was surprised jerrel was auf'd too, and it's just plain horrible that someone would work that hard for two months and then not be able to show their stuff. BUT.. i went to the bravotv website and they have pics of the collections from bryant park [forgive me if this is a spoiler, i don't really think it is..] It seems that he did get to show his stuff, he's just not in the competition. I don't think they'll show his collection on PR next week, but he did get to show his line to the fashion week audience. (ps.. checking out the finale photos on bravotv.com is a spoiler b/c they show you everyone's entire collections..)

Oct 9, 08 2:47 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: