Archinect
anchor

NYC temporary space usurp, SO HOW?

school

Hi, just a question of longing for space and advice here, if anyone has any good tips... A few friends and I had submitted a proposal with the Lower Manhattan Cultural Council for a space grant this summer, and we were psyched to hear that we had been accepted, only to hear a month later, after we have all made plans to come to NY to work on this project (we are an architect based in Boston, designer based in the Netherlands and designer based in Beijing), that LMCC couldn't find a space for us this year.

So now here we are with no space, but lots of naïve determination, and wondering how we can go about usurping a space in the city for a few months this summer at little/no cost? Sounds far-fetched, I know, but maybe someone knows of something, or, if there is such a thing, a sympathetic, culture-inclined real estate broker?

Our project requires a vacant retail space, as it is an active installation project that seeks to use the retail model to develop an archive. I can send anyone the PDF of our project proposal if you are interested, please just drop me an e-mail!

Thanks so much,

e

Jul 8, 06 1:12 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: