anchor

detroit ....yeah right

Leidio

the weak grow scared and prance away.

Jul 10, 06 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
binary

hmmm.......

i think it's more about work and career choices than being weak.....

Jul 10, 06 6:12 pm  · 
 · 
manamana

you could always go scan books for google.

link

Jul 11, 06 10:06 pm  · 
 · 
binary

i ended up going back to my old model shop that i used to work at.... he has alot of work.... would be nice to get a few models every now and then....... but we'll see how it works out

i'm sure everyone and their mother will be in ann arbor applying for the google jobs just to say they work for google.....

dirka dirka

Jul 11, 06 10:16 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

on a side note...back in the day when larry page (one of google's founders) was an undergrad in engineering at the univ of michigan, he was one of those students that was actively campaigning for a monorail to link th u's north and central campuses. i used to think that was the nerdiest club to be part of (even though i would have preferred a monorail to those fucking buses)...i guess that's why i switched majors (from engin to arch) so i wouldn't have to hang with nerds like larry page...go figure

Jul 11, 06 11:36 pm  · 
 · 
ether
mayor admits guilt
Sep 4, 08 11:48 am  · 
 · 
toasteroven

finally this is over. good riddance to yet another mcnamara crony.

Sep 4, 08 1:21 pm  · 
 · 
simples

i just hope whoever comes next (after Cockrel Jr, who is probably the most worthwhile individual from the City Council) doesn't do more damage - when it comes to detroit, it's not corruption i am most afraid of...

Sep 4, 08 11:31 pm  · 
 · 
nb072

detroit has so much potential

Sep 4, 08 11:40 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

the state needs to take over detroit, sack the entire staff and start over, slash taxes, and give away all that fucking empty land. hell, they could advertise the first modern land run during the superbowl.

Sep 5, 08 9:54 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

wow, bossman, you've gone beyond oakland county with that post and entered militia territory.

Sep 5, 08 12:59 pm  · 
 · 
toasteroven

le bossman - a few years back, the city was selling off vacant lots for $50 - to anyone who would develop them within a year. I remember there weren't that many takers. I had thought about it, but I was fresh out of school and was planning on moving out east anyway. There's a ton of opportunity for developers in the city - heck, anyone with a little capital and some time to invest. You just have to be good about neighborhood outreach.

Sep 5, 08 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

militia territory?...that's like grand traverse county, right jafidler?

Sep 5, 08 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
toasteroven

plus - Detroit is the place to be if you are into urban farming.

Sep 5, 08 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
toasteroven

puddles, you don't have to go too far for militia territory - just up to northern Macomb County or anywhere on the thumb.

Sep 5, 08 1:56 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

in regards to kwame stepping down, on a flight from las vegas to detroit yesterday, i spoke with an older white woman from sterling heights who was very excited about dave bing running in the next mayoral election. bing is very popular in both the city and the suburbs. i'm hopeful that if elected mayor, he could be the first detroit mayor for as long as i can remember (at least pre-coleman young) to galvanize support from city, suburbs and the business community. perhaps there is a silver lining to this mess.

Sep 5, 08 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

bing is not a bad choice...i'm curious why he has run for mayor before. and although he wasn't perfect (oddly unpopular with the leftover regime of coleman young), dennis archer seemed to do a pretty good job in the pre-kwame days of connecting with business and suburbs.

i'm tempted to run for mayor myself...except i'm still not actually in detroit.

Sep 5, 08 5:05 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

well you can still get land in detroit for less than $1000 if you look in the right place, but who wants to pay $2000 in taxes a year for land that's worth less than a 94 buick?

traverse city isn't militia territory.

Sep 6, 08 1:43 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: