Archinect
anchor

feedback on portfolio

hi, i thought i'd ask u guys to give me some feedback on my portfolio. i'll use it mainly to apply for a postgraduate at TU delft.

i'll also search for  jobs using this portfolio (however i'll edit it coz it's too big for emailing, some firms like them as low as 2mb).

positive criticism is much appreciated.

regards,

sergei

portfolio link: http://issuu.com/mikhailenko/docs/portfolio

Mar 9, 12 2:29 pm
architecte

Your portfolio looks quite interesting from an academic point of view.  Your solar city project caught my attention for a bit with the interesting graphics and diagrams.  

If you're intending to use this portfolio for job applications, do you have other work-related documentations such as something more practical?  

Mar 12, 12 7:21 pm  · 
 · 
sergeimik

thank you for the feedback architecte.

by something more practical you mean plans, sections, details? i have these kind of projects but they are not eye catching.

do you think i will have a better chance of getting a job if i display these kind of things?

Mar 15, 12 2:51 pm  · 
 · 
architecte

Sorry for the late reply.  In case you're still job searching, think about what kind of skills you're bringing to an employer if your portfolio consists of solely graphics and diagrams?  They reflect your ability to produce eye-catching drawings and diagrams for proposals and presentations.  However, offices normally devote more time on design development and construction documents, in which case the ability to produce professional-quality drawing sets is essential.

Give your portfolio a good balance.  Keep all your eye catching stuff and perhaps throw in just a few technical work.

May 21, 12 7:28 pm  · 
 · 

thanks for getting back to me. now that you mention it, there is an apparent lack of professional drawing sets. will definitely work on that

May 23, 12 5:37 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: