Archinect
anchor

Office Annoyances

my biggest gripe about offices is having to bring in cake for everyone when its your birthday - thats just wrong. and i have to do it tomorrow!

Aug 31, 06 10:45 am  · 
 · 
Androohy

THIS GUY, NO I SHOULD SAY, GROWN MAN here at my workplace, EATS PAPER.....really!
and coughs every two mintues and it sounds like he's going to DIE....but it never really happens...

Nov 8, 07 12:30 pm  · 
 · 
Androohy

HA!,......this thread has been dead since 06.....UNTIL NOWWWWWW

Nov 8, 07 12:31 pm  · 
 · 
Androohy
WWW.TOOKEREH.COM......COMING

SOON

Nov 8, 07 12:31 pm  · 
 · 
cityboy9

trace paper eating (tpe)? yum!

don't forget the ANGRY SPACE BAR POUNDING! that gets me every time!! mother f'er!

Nov 8, 07 12:41 pm  · 
 · 
Androohy

and the coughing.......DAMN IT......

oh....and plus....he thinks he's the BOSSman now.........

it cracks me up.
and then it annoys me a bit.

poison?
gun?

nevermore.....you had a gun right??

give me. give me.

Nov 8, 07 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Guy next to me likes to whistle along with the tunes playing through his head phones. He also does the speakerphone thing, except its with his cell phone while he's on personal calls with his wife!

And he makes fat-people noises. Yes, you know the ones I mean.

Nov 8, 07 1:04 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

my coworker comming in every morning telling me about the amazing sex she had last night

Nov 8, 07 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

what exactly are "fat people noises"?

Nov 8, 07 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
med.

People with bad attitudes are my pet peeve.

Nov 8, 07 1:49 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

You know, snorting, huffing, grunting, heavy breathing.

Not all fat people make these noises, just the annoying ones, it seems.

Nov 8, 07 2:19 pm  · 
 · 
Bloopox

Eating paper is sometimes a sign of anemia - which can also lead to cravings for dirt and hair, so consider yourself lucky if he's sticking to trace...
I used to work with an old man who would chew on little balls of wadded up drafting tape. He called it "drafters gum" and claimed the habit was very common back in the pencil-paper days.

I've also worked with the guy who whistles all day, and the fingernail (and toenail) clippers, and even the guy who eats pistachios all day - and cracks them with his teeth and spits the shells into a coffee can (disgusting little "crunch -craaack - pfffffft - PING!" noises come with that).

Right now I have an intern who fidgets all day - swinging his knees back and forth, banging a foot on the floor, dancing around while he draws, etc. I'm close enough to him that the vibrations this causes feel like a small earthquake under my feet at times.
Lately I'm annoyed by his current catch phrase: "let's run it up the flagpole" - repeated on average 20 times per day, in phone conversation and office interaction. I'm getting to the point of running him up a flagpole.

Nov 8, 07 2:21 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

the only time "let's run it up the flagpole" should be used in conversation is in response to this question:

Hey mighty! I just stole the bitchy IT guy's underwear...what should I do with it?!?!?

Well...

Nov 8, 07 2:26 pm  · 
 · 
med.

There are a lot of assholes at my firm. And I've never really understood why some of them give me such bad attitudes. I walk into my area at times getting ready for work saying good morning or something pleasant like that, and people just give me this look as if I've just assassinated the president.

I'm nothing but nice and friendly towards everyone. And I DO get along with many of the people in the office extremely well. But some, I could swear I've met in Hell.

Nov 8, 07 2:26 pm  · 
 · 
Third Conchord

Listening to angry European Techno that blares through a co-workers headphones......and after having to listening to it for the past few months, am convinced that he only plays 2 songs and repeats them constantly.

Nov 8, 07 3:35 pm  · 
 · 
funkitecture

gumchewing...no, loud gum smacking especially on the phone.

incessant sniffling and snorting from too much cocaine

strong perfume

idiot trust fund never-had-a-job-before "designers" in their late 20's who went to fancy schools and can model but can't read or tie their own shoes or spell architecture or really do anything right except make more work for me and dont give a shit

Nov 8, 07 3:46 pm  · 
 · 
Androohy

(archmed).....this is the place people come to vent.....it's not about bad attitude....it's about the insane people that do abnormal things......they just need to handle themselves and get rid of there ridiculous habits that drive sane people insane......like excessive paper eating! ....loud paper chewing......

and i totally understand the fat people noises you're talking about SH!!!

*funkitecture* ---->
incessant sniffling and snorting from too much cocaine.......hilarious!!!

Nov 9, 07 12:46 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

got to hear about my coworkers sexcapades again...

Nov 9, 07 12:52 pm  · 
 · 
cityboy9

thank god i don't have to hear about any sexcapades (most of the people i work with ought to be asexual! ew)

but this one f-ing guy in the office, coughing and making 'fat people noises' (lol), is also expertly knowlegeable (sp?) in everything and anything you talk about! he makes sure to give you his skilled advice and OPINIONS! shut the f up! just shut up! i don't wanna hear it ever! and i have to make nicey-nice cus there are other people around and we wouldn't want them knowing i am just wishing you would spontaneously combust right in front of me!

Nov 27, 07 11:34 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Cityboy, that could be messy.

Nov 28, 07 9:01 am  · 
 · 
cityboy9

^ but oh so worth it! (smirk, the evil kind)

Nov 28, 07 10:15 am  · 
 · 
nnoraa

archmed. i totally understand. im working with the same type of people...

right now im working part time at an investment bank and everyone around me are so god. damn. miserable.

i never understood why people cannot say/reply back to a cheerful good morning. am i speaking another language here? or have you lost all of your manners? im sorry, thats just rude. if you work right next to someone everyday, whats the big deal about saying goodmorning.

i mean don't get me wrong, i get along fine with everyone.. i have my set of coworkers that i am close with... but the people that sit around me, especially my manager. i swear, its like they have poles stuck up their asses.

forget about asking them a simple question. they answer you all aggravated and annoyed by saying "uh, just a second"... obviously you clearly cannot handle your workload and hate life. so why dont you do us all a favor and go home. i hate being around miserable people, i feel like its some contagious disease that brings my mood down. UGHHH

OH how about when you decide to be polite and see if anyone wants something when you make a trip down to starbucks and then everyone ignores you.

haha okay thats it.. that felt nice

Nov 28, 07 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
nnoraa

i forgot to mention constantly cursing at the computer and screaming over the phone... the best is when the girl next to me screams "your an asshole" to her computer after she gets an e-mail she doesnt like..

because classy educated individuals always use the f' word at least 3 times in one sentence.

Nov 28, 07 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

what are 'fat people noises?"

Nov 28, 07 2:13 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

hey, i curse @ the computer a lot! i usually try and do it in spanish, though, and not really loud.

Nov 28, 07 2:30 pm  · 
 · 
sims

for the love of god...stop smacking your gum! you know who you are!

Nov 7, 08 1:07 pm  · 
 · 
4arch

Why must people always leave the lights on in the bathroom when they leave and no one else is in there? Would you do this in your own home? Or even if you were a guest in someone else's? Ok then, so why at the office? I assume if the landlord didn't want users to have control over the bathroom lighting there wouldn't be a standard toggle switch mounted at standard height at the customary location right next to the door.

Nov 7, 08 1:36 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

4arch, I never thought about it, but suppose its because the bathroom is percieved as public, and you wouldn't shut of the lights in a movie theatre or resturant bathroom.

Nov 7, 08 2:04 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Not to mention that the fan is normally switched with the light, and should be kept on in the interests of, shall we say, indoor air quality....

Nov 7, 08 2:22 pm  · 
 · 
twee

occasionally, we all have tapped something repeatedly-a pen to the desk, whatever--but it may not be annoying to you because you are the tapper--but it sure is to the rest of us who have to listen to it

Nov 7, 08 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
TenaciousArchitect2b

I can not stand the gossip or complaining about tedious matter!
I sometimes wonder when will these people wakeup and realize how good they have it?
I mean when did It become acceptable for people to go with this mantra “if you have nothing BAD to say don’t say anything at all”?

Nov 7, 08 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
sims

also, if you are not happy with your job as a cad monkey then work harder, quit complaining and become a pm but don't lash out at your coworkers! please!

Nov 12, 08 8:34 pm  · 
 · 
binary

i once worked at a small office and the owner was a smoker... he was like 75or so..... he would come to your desk and just puff away.... i quit.... with my allergies and bad sinuses, anything irritates me....

Nov 12, 08 8:51 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Do you really have to answer that phone call from your girlfriend knowing full well you guys aren't going to discuss anything of any real consequence, while I'm in the middle of getting clarification on a drawing from you?

Nov 12, 08 9:02 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: