Archinect
anchor

Blahzing Saddles

cf

After watching Blazing Saddles I began to wonder what is the joke about cowboys farting? Aren't cowboys rather crude individuals. Don't you think they would regularly break wind in a brothel or while in the activity of beastiality? Around a campfire, so what. What is so funny Mel Brooks? What is not funny is that you think you are funny, Mel. Don't force me to think I should laugh. Someone show me how Mel is so blazing funny.
Now, if ballerinas were to fart????
Or, if a fart expert were to fart several times and describe each fart in exquisite, glorious detail and then go on about the history of flatulence and not only that but farting as well.

The Department of Standardization has determined that Don Pirrarro of Bizzarrow comic strip fame is the Comic Standardizer of 2006. His comic concepts have been standardized to such a degree that he may now be called a Master Standardizer. We at the Department of Standardization salute you Don Pirrarro!!!!!

Jun 13, 06 10:52 am
Gravitas

The cowboys are eating beans. get it? The beans, they make them all fart. And they're all eating them, so they ALL fart. The film was released just after the "beans, beans, the magical fruit...." song came out, bean/farting jokes were very "in" during that time. Mel fell victim to his own vanity and wish to be part of the current comedic trend. I am SO glad that movement is over, if i ever hear that song again I'll jam spikes in my eyes. Anyway, back to work..

He roooode a blazing saddle!

Jun 13, 06 11:11 am  · 
 · 
cf

OK, beans make people fart.
Mel must not be a comedian of the unexpected.

Jun 13, 06 11:36 am  · 
 · 
broccolijet

i love pretty much anything mel brooks does (except for his Robin Hood: Men In Tights debacle), plus i think farts are inherently funny, so he speaks to my sophomoric side.

what kills me is the TV version of that scene where, in a lame effort to shield our children from the terrifying and potentially disastrous effects of hearing a gastrointestinal symphony, the edited version has a soundtrack of horses braying and whinnying, completely killing the point of the scene.

Jun 13, 06 1:01 pm  · 
 · 
cf

j:

The Department of Standardization appreciates and welcomes all new standardization.
There are always standard applications available to prospective Standardizers at your area AIA office, of course for the standard fee. Allow 3 weeks for delivery, in person. Thank you again, j, standardize by power of will!!!

Jun 13, 06 1:03 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

methinks cf wasn't even a hershey bar in his father's back pocket when it was released.

time for my getaway....

Jun 13, 06 1:03 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

fart humor is timeless

Jun 13, 06 1:04 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

so says "broccoli jet" - your handle's moment inthe sun eh?

Jun 13, 06 2:00 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

lol j

Jun 13, 06 2:59 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

touche, el jeffe!

(i try to rhyme most of the time)

Jun 13, 06 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
cf

The wagons are circling and the Yalees are wooping, the sun's getting hot, but maybe not.

Goat , Goat who's got the goat?
It's in Coventry, Stupid!

Hey, what's up with this?
Something about beans, I don't know.
Like, wwhhaatteevvaahhhh!

Jun 13, 06 3:14 pm  · 
 · 
Nevermore

Legend has it that Cowboys know how to sleep with their eyes open
( to watch their herd of cattle )

Jun 13, 06 3:15 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

Mongo pawn ... in game of life.

Jun 13, 06 3:46 pm  · 
 · 
cf

No, no Mongo straight. Mongo spawn in game of life.

Jun 13, 06 4:07 pm  · 
 · 
Gravitas

F*ck that sh*t, here comes Mongo!!

Jun 13, 06 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
silverlake

i can't think of anything funnier than fart jokes. maybe when peter griffen soiled himself on family guy.

either way true comedy comes out of the rectum...

Jun 13, 06 4:35 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

perhaps cf is too old or too young to get the humor in Blazing Saddles?

Jun 13, 06 6:27 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

Gov: Hey...I didn't get a 'harrumph' outta that guy.

Hedley: Give the Governor a 'harrumph'!

Jun 13, 06 6:43 pm  · 
 · 
Gravitas

9 schnitzengruben is my limit!

Jun 14, 06 9:59 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: