Archinect
anchor

Concerts this summer

sameolddoctor

I am absolutely enthralled to be attending so many concerts this summer:

1.LA Phil & Santana @ Hollywood Bowl
2.Radiohead @ the Greek theater (was such a bitch to get tickets for)
3.San Diego street scene - headliners are Tool, Snoop Dogg, Kanye West, Modestmouse
4. John Fogerty @ the Greek
5. Massive Attack @ Hollywood Bowl

What are the concerts other archinecters are attending?

Jun 9, 06 11:27 am
A Center for Ants?

i'm going to the LA Phil w/ the shins and belle & sebastian at the hollywood bowl in a few weeks! box seats too!!!

Jun 9, 06 12:18 pm  · 
 · 
I035PEP

MADONNA!

Jun 9, 06 12:22 pm  · 
 · 
Medit

went to see Astbury & Duffy this last monday.. and they still rock!

I think I'll go to see The Who next month.. a classic I've never seen..

Jun 9, 06 12:51 pm  · 
 · 
.dwg

Hawksley Workman @ Massey Hall tomorrow!

Jun 9, 06 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
Cherith Cutestory

right after i move to LA:

Mates of State/Sponn/Death Cab for Cutie

totally bummed i can't go the Belle and Sebastian/Shins concert. With the LA symphony none the less. <<sigh>> being a poor student sucks sometimes.

Jun 9, 06 12:59 pm  · 
 · 
makesamnsure

ANGELS AND AIRWAVES, TAKING BACK SUNDAY, HEAD AUTOMATICA, THE SUBWAYS

Jun 9, 06 1:21 pm  · 
 · 
makesamnsure

oops, there's no edit button on these forums?

ANGELS AND AIRWAVES, TAKING BACK SUNDAY, HEAD AUTOMATICA, THE SUBWAYS

@ meadowbrook, front row!

Jun 9, 06 1:23 pm  · 
 · 
mfrech

the Walkmen @ avalon in boston, 6/19

Bloc Party @ fleet pavilion, 7/28

Jun 9, 06 1:29 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

Sparta at The Troubadour on July 29th

Wu-Tang Clan, Immortal Technique, Del, Redman, and more at Rock The Bells Aug 5 at the National Orange Showgrounds in San Bernardino, CA

Anyone else see Architecture In Helsinki at the Troubadour a few weeks ago?...i got goosebumps when they played a cover of Kraftwerk's Ohm Sweet Ohm...the moog was just sounding so lush and fuzzy and loud

Jun 9, 06 1:50 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

is death cab for cutie good live? they sounded terrible on XM cafe live.

Jun 9, 06 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
Cherith Cutestory

i saw death cab two months ago in tempe and it was pretty awesome, despite the fact they had to play in a venue with some of the worst acoustics i have ever had to sit through. i felt bad for franz ferdinand in that sapce...terrible. i also feel bad for anyone at UofA who has to attend concerts at that stage. I forget the name, whichever one is on the UofA campus.

yeah, the music scene in ABQ. is a little lame, unless your into Nickelback and other assorted clear channel sponsered mega-shows. LA will be awesome. To bad i won't have the time or money to go to anything. : (

Jun 9, 06 2:21 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

le bossman-

saw deathcab a few months ago. they sound polished, but never had a really good "live" vibe. one of those bands that's got an act tight enough that they sound a little too much like the album.

mates of state opening for them will be great.

Jun 9, 06 2:37 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

oh and randar-

for the hollywood bowl concerts, you can get really really cheap tix. won't get to see much but it's great for picnicking.

Jun 9, 06 2:38 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

wow my line up is definately a bit more mainstream (and old skool)!

I still cannot forget that my dear gf had to go at 6:30 am to the Greek to buy the tickets (they cost $44 and people are selling them for $150 on craigslist now)....

and i get a feeling death cab will be great at the Greek - its such a nice venue

Jun 9, 06 2:45 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

oh yes and we also got tickets to see Sen Dog (of Cypress Hill) at the Dragonfly in hollywood... figured $20 is not too much to spend at an intimate venue

Jun 9, 06 2:46 pm  · 
 · 
skeerd

death cab seemed rather boring to me live...

i paid ridiculous amounts of money for radiohead tickets at the greek, ugh... but all of their shows that i've gone to have been well worth it!

cocorosie at the troubadour this sat, fiery furnaces next fri

gonna look into the shins/b&s show, thanks acfa

also seeing bloc party in brooklyn in july

Jun 9, 06 3:04 pm  · 
 · 

i saw pearl jam at the united center in chicago while on vacation a few weeks ago...

and while in seattle i'll be seeing tapes 'n tapes, figurines, and cold war kids at the crocodile cafe on 6/19...

other than that, nothing too exciting at home in st. petersburg, fl...

maybe see rancid at jannus landing...

Jun 9, 06 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
mm

I've seen Death Cab several times, dating back quite a few years now. I thought they were good, not great in times past, particularly when I saw them at smaller venues. I really enjoyed when they toured with the Dismemberment Plan about four or five years ago. I think I really liked that because they referred to the tour as the "death and dismemberment tour" which I thought was rather clever.

I saw them last summer in Central Park and thought they sounded very sloppy and it took several songs for Ben Gibbards voice to warm up. But Stars opened that show and made the night worth it.

I did see them at Hammerstein Ballroom a couple of months ago and was really amazed with how good they sounded. Though I generally don't like big concert venues, they really did a wonderful job. When they played "What Sarah Said," the music was clear and beautiful.

As for this summer, I plan on going to see TV on the Radio in Prospect Park (right near my apartment) and Ted Leo at South Street Seaport (near my office), both free shows and conveniently located.

And in August, I'm going to see the Gorilla Biscuits reunion show in Philly because I can think of nothing more fun than seeing the Gorilla Biscuits.

Jun 9, 06 3:29 pm  · 
 · 
quixotica

Tomorrow, Bboy BBQ in Philly. featuring poetry slams, Bboy and BGirl Battles, Graf artists and music from some of Phillys hottest DJs and MCs

The Record Player, Rich Medina, Mike Nyce, Blaack The 9th man, Joey Blanco, Skeme, Illvibe Collective, Skratch Makaniks, Roxy.

Cannot wait!

Jun 9, 06 3:36 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

i was logged into tickmaster the second radiohead tix went on sale (la - greek) and didn't get any

i refuse to pay ebay scalping bastards

but if anyone has extra tickets at cost .. (ha!! yeah, right)

enjoy the show, sameolddoctor ~

Jun 9, 06 7:38 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

givemeastamp, i really wish my gf got 2 extra tickets (they were allowing only 4 tickets per person) so i could give it to friends (or maybe you)..but she was so tired waiting in the line for 3 hours that it escaped her mind......

i know someone who bought some extra tix, so ill ask him if he wants to give them away at cost.....(probably not, i guess)

Jun 9, 06 8:47 pm  · 
 · 
levasser

feist at the great lawn; tv on the radio at PP- should be fun; broken social scene (sucks to have to pay, but if it means i get to see the other bands for free all summer, ok); saw the walkmen a couple of weeks ago at webster hall- my summer kickoff event. was kinda disappointed until the encore, but hopefully they're just getting warmed up playing all the new stuff.

Jun 9, 06 10:19 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

could have seen the damnwells tonight. but, somebody (liberty bell) told me they were coming to town and playing at birdy's but they were actually at radio radio. oh well...guess i'll hold off for the def leppard/journey show later this summer.

Jun 9, 06 11:03 pm  · 
 · 

i'm kind of cataloging all the concerts i'm missing. haven't been to one in a while. tonight was scott miller and the commonwealth. joe ely earlier this week. next week is bonnaroo: beck, gomez, clap your hands, bettye lavette, etc.

Jun 9, 06 11:16 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

I'LL BE IN INNNNNNNNNNNNNDANO-PLACE YA'LL PLAYIN MY OWN DISTINCTIVE BRAND OF CRAP ROCK. CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jun 10, 06 8:49 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

My friend has a cigarette butt thrown by Cobain at a nirvana concert .He's capsulated it in glass and wears it as a locket.

Jun 10, 06 8:57 am  · 
 · 
oldirty

Radiohead this Wed.!!! and I got the tickets face value-just got in line at Tower and won the lottery!!!

Also, going to Fiona Apple, Sleater Kinney, also hoping for the TV on the Radio show in Brooklyn, since it's cheap.

But I need to go to more shows-it's like all I enjoy at this point.

Jun 11, 06 6:16 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

got back from Bauhaus/NIN show and Bauhaus played Bela...suwheet!

Jun 17, 06 12:05 am  · 
 · 
AbrahamNR

I was going to see Pear Jam in Summerfest, but since I have limited funds my one concert this summer is going to be Gustavo Cerati in the House of Blues in Chicago,

Jun 18, 06 4:12 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

Muse
July 19 @ The Greek Theater, L.A.

Jun 19, 06 1:31 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

saw Walkmen at El Ray last..they are great live, although the opening band covered the best song off of the Walkmen's new album

Want to see French Kicks at the Fonda

Aint go no Radiohead tickets, though

Jun 19, 06 1:46 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

June 30th, Fri. @ Paladino's Night Club in Tarzana, San Fernando Valley...

Tribute bands...
12:00-BONFIRE-TRIBUTE TO AC/DC
11:00 pm.-ELECTRIC FUNERAL-BLACK SABBATH/DIO TRIBUTE WWW.SABBATHTRIBUTE.NET
10:00 pm-MR SCARY-DOKKEN TRIBUTE
9:00 pm.-JUKEBOX HERO-FOREIGNER TRIBUTE
8:00 pm.-BROWN DOTS

Jun 19, 06 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
ochona

...i knew a guy in elementary school who was born in tarzana CA. we all thought that was the coolest place on earth. now i KNOW it is.

Jun 20, 06 12:25 am  · 
 · 
RINagy

Anybody excited to see The Editors? I am....that's my big concert of the summer.

Also, Josh Ritter, Fiona Apple (no Damien though, so I'm pissed), Snow Patrol, John Mayer, and the RHCP.

Still waiting on Keane.....

Jun 20, 06 9:21 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Wow, I didn't have any plans this weekend, and all of a sudden I find out about this:

www.desdemonafestival.com

And now I am set, and if I don't see any more concerts this summer I will probably be fine with that. Who knew?! Cincinnati, what the hell.

Jun 20, 06 10:07 am  · 
 · 
mdler

WonderK

the sunday lineup is crazy..maybe I should move back to the Nati

Jun 20, 06 1:03 pm  · 
 · 
Cherith Cutestory

i'll second that sunday line-up. i hear that rouge wave is pretty awesome in concert. i can only imagine. <sigh> although i am excited that built to spill is taking a chance on albuquerque. very few do, and once they do, they never come back. i hope to say the same thing in 6 weeks.

Jun 20, 06 1:13 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ
Jun 20, 06 6:04 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: