Archinect
anchor

new mac minis for office?

grcoad

Hello,

Our office is looking into upgrading our dated powermac g4's and were wondering if anyone out there is using the new mac mini for carry out the daily architectural needs? (vectorworks, photoshop, text, very little modeling) etc...... we work on high-end custom residential work.

thanks

Jun 4, 06 2:40 pm
Bloopox

I've had a couple of them running in our office for about a year. We run a similar list of software for similar purposes and everything is fine with that. They're fast, and we haven't had any problems operation-wise. The one issue we've had is that the contrast of any monitor we attach to them is not quite as sharp as on our older macs and our research hasn't yet turned up any solution to this. It's not a major problem but it's noticeable.

Jun 4, 06 2:50 pm  · 
 · 
manamana

well...anything running through rosetta is going to be pretty slow. and vectorworks looks like a no-no

if you can wait 6 months or so, I would hope there's a vectorworks UB by then, as well as the intel based replacements for the powemac. otherwise you may want to look at imac/powemac (G5 based)

Jun 4, 06 3:38 pm  · 
 · 
Bloopox

We've been running Vectorworks 11.0. So I can't comment on the 12.0 issue. Also our minis are a year old - not the latest ones. But we haven't had any problems with Vectorworks on the mac minis we have.

Jun 4, 06 4:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: