Archinect
anchor

Undergraduate Prerequisites: Should you take calc/physics before you apply to Arch school?

januts28

Hello everyone,

I am a sophomore at Swarthmore College and I am trying to plan out my schedule for next semester. I was just accepted to the Harvard GSD Career Discovery Program, and I am really excited about that. I was wondering if it would be a bad idea to wait to take calculus and physics in my senior year of college. I am asking because I am not sure if it would look bad to not have any calculus or physics courses on my transcript when I apply to architecture graduate schools. 

In addition, I am in the process of thinking about a portfolio. So far in college I have taken Life Drawing (which basically involved drawing human forms in charcoal), Life Modeling (I have about 3 clay pieces from this course), Drawing Architecture (I have some small watercolor paintings and sketches from this course), and finally a course called the Container as Architecture, which involves constructing clay architectural structures. I am wondering if it would be a bad idea to take Photography or another Life Drawing course. Do architecture schools generally like to see sketches of just buildings in your portfolio or can you have drawings/paintings of people too? 

Thank you for any help!

Apr 24, 11 12:15 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: