Archinect
anchor

I Love You, SPELLING BEE CHAMPION

squaresquared

... You're the best!

Did you make it to the National Spelling Bee? Have you seen the documentary "Spellbound"?

Please continue to share your wisdom.

Best Wishes,

Square

May 24, 06 4:04 pm
e

eye luv u to

May 24, 06 4:26 pm  · 
 · 
awol

my older sister made it to the nat'l spelling bee when she was in...seventh grade? that makes me about 9 or 10 years old, so i don't remember much. i do remember going to the baltimore aquarium, flying in a plane for the first time, and a really long time in a dim hotel ballroom. i think she studied out of the book of words they give you, but she never took latin so i think she just memorized a lot of words, and learned patterns in how to spell. i would imagine that children who knew any latin or greek would be pretty good at this. i don't remember how far my sister got, but she definitely didn't win.

May 24, 06 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
AP

givemeastamp:

I here-by crown you GRAMMAR BEE CHAMPION.

May 24, 06 4:59 pm  · 
 · 
AP

oh, and speaking of latin etc...although SPELLING BEE CHAMPION is a magnificent speller, "the champ" has been known to use improper grammar. I hereby speculate that English is not the champ's first language.

May 24, 06 5:02 pm  · 
 · 
squaresquared

Everybody makes a typo now and again... Even the CHAMPION.

Nitpickery and pettiness should be saved for threads including the words "dick" and "blows" in their respective titles.

May 24, 06 5:06 pm  · 
 · 

I think threads which try to name the "best" of anything should be included as well.

May 24, 06 5:09 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: