buying opportunity, or so they say

May 17, 06 5:49 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

i think it's all over

*jumps out window*

May 17, 06 6:18 pm  · 
 · 

i am gonna wait for TED. the official economist around here.

May 17, 06 6:21 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

minor correction, people

nothing to see here ..

May 17, 06 6:29 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

Be more worried about China fueling our debt by buying all our fed funds while the EU nations back off. In the 1980's the same scare was raised with the Japanese spending spree, however fears where unfounded as Japan had a free floating currency. The situation today is different in China where the currency is pegged to the dollar. Add to that the suspision and basically admittance that Beijing is a currancy manipulator and we could have the first re-evaluation of our currency in like 75 years.

Should be good for infrastructure projects, as long term capital flows dry out and EU nations seek value in a Bond fever. Government spending becomes the new darling for engineers, contractors and by association, some of us.

My 2 cents.

May 17, 06 9:03 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

I am more worried about not having any more illegal Mexicans building my buildings

May 17, 06 9:21 pm  · 
 · 
parallel38

See what happens when Bush says the word "rational"
The world is flung into disarray.

May 17, 06 10:08 pm  · 
 · 

archinect: the trusted source for professional stock market analysis.

i'm more worried about yalie mexicans building my buildings.

May 17, 06 10:28 pm  · 
 · 

viva el urbanismo nuevo!

May 18, 06 12:13 am  · 
 · 

nice touch 765

May 18, 06 12:53 am  · 
 · 
link
May 18, 06 1:06 am  · 
 · 
TED

a] the investor lads dropped the ball, unplugged their bluetooth headsets and went to their local to watch the footie...

b]reflects concern that the linda mcarthy frozen health foods with take a dive now with the split up of heather and paul...

d]investors upset that geoge bush stated earlier in that we need to invest and develop alternative fuels to oil[gulp!]

c] Foreclosures on Chicago-area homes spiked 57% in April. There were 6,102 residential properties in the 14-county area that were in some stage of the foreclosure process in April, according to figures compiled by RealtyTrac Inc. of Irvine, Calif. That was higher than March’s figures and the third straight month of increases for the Chicago area...

have to consult my ouija board for certain but my guess it has much to do with W.

May 18, 06 2:24 pm  · 
 · 
TED

a] the investor lads dropped the ball, unplugged their bluetooth headsets and went to their local to watch the footie...

b]reflects concern that the linda mcarthy frozen health foods with take a dive now with the split up of heather and paul...

d]investors upset that geoge bush stated earlier in that we need to invest and develop alternative fuels to oil[gulp!]

c] Foreclosures on Chicago-area homes spiked 57% in April. There were 6,102 residential properties in the 14-county area that were in some stage of the foreclosure process in April, according to figures compiled by RealtyTrac Inc. of Irvine, Calif. That was higher than March’s figures and the third straight month of increases for the Chicago area...

have to consult my ouija board for certain but my guess it has much to do with W.

May 18, 06 2:25 pm  · 
 · 

thanks...

May 18, 06 2:37 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

the foreclosures have much to do with people being stupid and living outside of their ability...

if you cant afford to buy a house, dont buy one

May 18, 06 3:26 pm  · 
 · 
parallel38

Seeing as NU's are being run outta town in NO
Mexico is their only other option ;-)

May 18, 06 8:59 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

I'm a yalie mexican ...

May 20, 06 11:13 pm  · 
 · 

oh, dios mio!

May 20, 06 11:20 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

estoy aburrido con el archinect

May 20, 06 11:24 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

the downturn in the market is directly related to the rem/josh incident...

May 21, 06 9:15 am  · 
 · 

Señor Mc Smoke Smoke, quizás esto pudo ayudar: acoplamiento

Cortesía mi amigo rpsniño.

May 21, 06 10:24 pm  · 
 · 
not_here

my portfolio dropped 10 percent last week.
im still holding on like crazy.
it's reminiscent of what happened back in october/november. nothing to worry about.

May 22, 06 10:41 am  · 
 · 
A

It continues today because of falling commodity prices, or so they say. Last week it was inflation fears. I think it's just a good round of "profit taking" and it'll stabilize in the summer months.

The inflation thing is a real danger to the markets. If you want to blame Bush it's only because he doesn't know what a veto is and has bloated gov't spending trying to be all things to all people. The fed reserve hasn't helped either, by pumping liquidity into the markets. (The dollar is down for two reasons, gov't spending and printing presses that just won't stop.)

Home foreclosures are all thanks to stupid easy money lending practices. Sure, home prices were bloated, but the gov't feeds the insanity with cheap money rather than facing problems head on. To keep the "economy" going they give money to people who have no business owning a house. (Remeber the 20% down days???) And Bush touts house it's great that so many people own their own home. Huh? Most people don't own their homes, they own a mortgage, and in recent years on more risky terms than ever.

Companies with good fundamentals will be ok in this market. Still, big inflation and coming high interest rates might make gold your best investment. Still, diversification is the best medicine for everything.

May 22, 06 2:05 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: