Archinect
anchor

Urville

e909

?
http://www.kirchersociety.org/blog/?p=361
"Gilles Trehin is an autistic 28-year-old. Since the age of 12, he has been designing an imaginary city called Urville, named after the “Dumont d'Urville,” a French scientific base in Antarctica. He has created detailed historical, geographical, cultural, and economic descriptions of the city, as well as an absolutely extraordinary set of drawings. His Guidebook to Urville will be published later this year."

May 2, 06 12:07 am

urville webite

this is awesome!

May 2, 06 10:03 am  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

i find asperger's and autism very fascinating and am intrigued by the debate as to whether it's really a "disease" and its appropriate treatment or otherwise.

try reading: "he Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time" by Mark Haddon. it's a really great read (protagonist is autistic).

the drawings by trehin are fantastic.

May 2, 06 1:09 pm  · 
 · 

hey that book was fabulous. gave a real honest and interesting first person perspective on autism / aspergers.

it should be in the "recommend me a book" thread.

May 2, 06 1:34 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

yes it should. but i think i stuck my head in there and the thread starter was looking for something technical. so... it didn't really apply. i finished reading the haddon book last month and it was fantastic.

May 2, 06 2:16 pm  · 
 · 

ah yes but the books thread has since been hijacked by bill bryson lovers...

i remember finding the haddon book so interesting because the narrator was self described as being unable to understand how other people around him were feeling. yet his actions were clearly a reaction to his own feelings, which even if he was unable to process and understand, he was able to respond to.

May 2, 06 2:25 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

This reminds me of the work of Henry Darger

May 2, 06 8:26 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

I thought this was about the musical urinetown for some reason....anyhow

Kinda looks like late 19th century city plans with a morph of Paris and Chicago in some kinda mutation. Its still better than Canary Wharf. Maybe more urban planning should be done by rainmen, they seem to be better at it.

May 2, 06 9:08 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

on that first link their to the don kirchner society there was another story on penis panic attacks. urrrr...

May 2, 06 10:05 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: