Archinect
anchor

what is the criteria of designing a canopy

cmrhm

Hi, I am designed a canopy for a tower building in Florida.  Currently I am bothered by what depth I should go with. based on the structure engnieer's input, the MAX. is around 15'.

In order to cover part of the drive way, I think I need expend from the column at least 12'.  But is it best to cover the drive way or I don't need to? 

I guess my question is what is the top three criteria for designing a canopy.

Any input is highly appreciated.

Feb 14, 12 10:40 pm
jeiffert

Without knowing more about your project, it's hard to give much meaningful input.  But, it would seem desirable for the canopy to cover at least part of the driveway.

What is the relationship between the entry doors and the referenced column line?  Recessed, flush, or projecting?

Is there a pedestrian walkway parallel to the driveway? If so, how wide?

15' seems uninspired.  Surely, a "tower building" would utilize some combination of concrete and steel for the structural system.  15' would not come close to the limits of those materials.

Or are you talking about some sort of add-on fabric awning supported by a lightweight frame?

Feb 21, 12 7:06 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: