Archinect
anchor

Redirecting light concepts & angled reflective facade_Courtyard Barcelona

Gotan

Hello,
Currently studying the possibilities of redirecting sunlight on a North Facade.

First, does anyone knows the name of a Contemporary arts Museum in Barcelona, there is a courtyard with an angled facade where you can actually see a reflection of the sea and the rooftops from the bottom of the courtyard.

So far I found Elio Sat
http://www.egis.org/Helio_us.html, great concept...but so far nice photoshops!

Wondering as well about the risks of Glare.

Any thoughts?

Apr 27, 06 10:22 pm
Medit

the CCCB

Apr 28, 06 2:36 am  · 
 · 

also check out some behnisch projects, eg NordLB in Hannover,
and in the US the Genzyme Building redirects light into the atrium..
behnisch

Apr 28, 06 5:17 am  · 
 · 
Gotan

Thanks guy!
Keep on ridin'!

Apr 28, 06 6:11 am  · 
 · 
art tech geek

list this under Accidental & irritating.........the Disney Concert Hall in LA had issues with glare blinding neighboring high rises (residential ones i think). Areas of the metal cladding were touched up to make the neighbors lives more liveable.

Apr 29, 06 12:49 pm  · 
 · 
Gotan

yeah...that's the risk.
Interesting subject...Gehry's and Libeskind's project are interesting as well for their sometimes ''residual dead spaces''...where spending too much time in there can send you to psychic rehab!

I want to direct light from a South facade towards a northern located terrace...

Think I will propose a curtain wall fitted with small lenses,mirrors. Mirrorbal concept.

Apr 30, 06 1:46 am  · 
 · 
uva2006

Barcelona Museum of Contemporary Art - Richard Meier

Apr 30, 06 10:06 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

quit whining about being blinded and get yourself some frank gehry designed occhiolidesole man.

Apr 30, 06 10:46 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: