Archinect
anchor

building on a sloped site + grading plans

JSCDS

New to this forum so I hope I am posting this in the right spot...>>

I have a small project where we are designing a duplex lofts on a sloped site and this is my first time working with a sloped site. We are going to need a grading plan for permitting and also for the structural engineer. The lot isn't very big (50' x150') but the bids that have come back so far seem pretty high at $10K and up. Does anyone know what grading plans typically run and does this seem normal? I know it depends a lot on the project and site specifics, etc. but this is a pretty simple/basic design in an urban neighborhood of San Diego. Thanks in advance for any feedback. 

Feb 14, 12 2:12 pm

Site and sight unseen, I bid $9,000.

Let the war begin.

Feb 14, 12 4:51 pm  · 
 · 
Archrichard

Are these bids only for the grading plan, or do they include other services such as survey, storm-water runoff prevention plan, etc. Do proposed engineering services include processing the Grading Plan approval (and any secondary approvals that may be required) through the regional plan-check authority? Also, how many bids have you solicited?

The prices may be reasonable and customary, based on the locale of the project, and the complexity of the site development.

The best way to be certain you are getting good value is to be very specific in the RFP for professional services...

Feb 14, 12 6:33 pm  · 
 · 
JSCDS

Thanks Richard, appreciate that. I didn't think about requesting that the stormwater prevention plan be included. I'll be as specific as possible with the RFP and then compare apples to apples. 

Feb 15, 12 12:44 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: