Archinect
anchor

"Bringing the Hokie Home: The nation's first line of collegiate licensed home plans"

JerkStoreCalling

hmmm...

http://www.vtnews.vt.edu/story.php?relyear=2005&itemno=945

i would think this is a joke, but i know better.

Apr 5, 06 6:57 pm
Cameron

Archinect should host a photoshop competition of each school of architecture approved home...

Apr 5, 06 7:54 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

that's the best idea i've heard all day.

Apr 5, 06 9:54 pm  · 
 · 

competition for martha stewart. [see today's news: good thing homes]

Apr 5, 06 10:44 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i'll take one make that two!!!!

Apr 5, 06 10:53 pm  · 
 · 
Nicoli

wow; i think im going to have to make fun of my old boss (a vt grad) for that little gem. My opinion of Virginia Polytechnic has gotten worse, something i didnt think was possible

Apr 5, 06 11:22 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

This is a bump. I'm fascinated by this concept of a super-alumni living in his old college dorm but I'm not sure where to take this fascination. Brilliant marketing? Vomit-inducing sentimentality? I'm just not sure.

I guess I can see a huge market for this, sadly. Though maybe a homeowner conciously choosing the appearance of their home rather than just picking one from the plan book is a slight improvement in making the average person aware of the aesthetic of their home as a commentary/contributor to culture and maybe that's a good thing?

Also I'll make a comment on thread central re: vado's cheerleader.

Apr 6, 06 9:57 am  · 
 · 
impalajunkie

Sadly enough I'm a VT Arch grad, I'm now ashamed.
Even the new buildings they've constructed on campues in the past 2 years look like the ones that have been there for 75 years. Stone, gothic, arches, etc.
Business-wise this may do well. During football games the little town fo Blacksburg, VA is completely overtaken, you wouldn't believe it, the population triples for 48 hours. With all those successful grads beaming with school spirit, I don't think it would be too hard to get a few of these sold.

Apr 6, 06 10:30 am  · 
 · 
SuperHeavy

guys guys, don't worry, each plan will "share a... high standard of quality".

whew.

Apr 6, 06 11:58 am  · 
 · 
impalajunkie

j you dont get out/get laid much do you?

Apr 6, 06 2:38 pm  · 
 · 
impalajunkie

damn striaght :)

Apr 6, 06 2:44 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

SuperHeavy, so nice to see that (totally non-sarcastic) optimism in you! And you're right, I'm sure they will use the highest quality EIFS for that "stone" base! Only the best snap-in bricks!

Apr 6, 06 3:39 pm  · 
 · 
AP
“The plans we’ve developed reflect the architectural style of Virginia Tech, and we’ve reinterpreted this style for a contemporary home lifestyle. We are pleased to offer a wide range of plans that will allow alumni to express their connection to Virginia Tech through their homes.”

yes.

Apr 6, 06 9:26 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

A little piece of me just died.

Apr 6, 06 9:46 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: