Archinect
anchor

Walmart :-(

weAREtheSTONES

Damn - for the past 2 months i have to stare out my window @work and look at this freakin walmart super store be erected in front of my eyes. this is by far the most torturous things I have had to deal with as an architect. The parking lot is like 3 time the site of the building. theres and airport next door - i wonder if a plane will ever crash into the building obliterating the BIG WALL BOX. I guess the only solution to this problem is to quit my job... i like that solution. Any other bright ideas????

Mar 30, 06 11:08 am
FRO

If your view is the most torturous thing about your job- FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT QUIT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 30, 06 11:16 am  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

sorry forgot to add the sarcasm in there

Mar 30, 06 11:21 am  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

the most annoying thing about my job----- "are you done yet""are you done yet""are you done yet""are you done yet""are you done yet"

Mar 30, 06 11:22 am  · 
 · 
etimm

Think up some project you can do in there to alleviate your feeling of helplessness

i.e.
http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/retail/2006-03-29-walmart-student_x.htm

Mar 30, 06 11:27 am  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

link doesnt work......

Mar 30, 06 11:40 am  · 
 · 
el jeffe

just delete the parentheses symbol from the end.

here

Mar 30, 06 11:53 am  · 
 · 
FRO

strange story in the link.....

was there a point and I just missed it? is he keeping us in suspense? how is this "brilliant"? personally I get hives after about 10 minutes in WallyWorld..

Mar 30, 06 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
4arch

Somehow I bet you wouldn't be complaining if the store that moved into that big box was IKEA instead of Walmart. My advice: close the blinds.

Mar 30, 06 12:16 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

Yeah, he probably got the idea from the last Rollins show. Rollins said that Morgan Spurlock (not sure if that is the spelling) should live in Walmart for a few months and film it.

Mar 30, 06 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

I say: get some trace paper, run it across the bottom portion of the window such that it hides the walmart, tape in place. then, you will get translucent light, and you can look out still above it and see the sky!

Also, I work in a basement with two tiny windows far on the opposite side from me that i can only see a couple car bumpers and a brick wall out of; and STILL I would prefer that to a view of a WalMart. Ugh.

Mar 30, 06 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

Sounds like this guy just ripped off the plotline from "Career Opportunities"...the old John Hughes flick with Frank Whaley Jr and a young (and yummy) Jennifer Connolly. He just did it at Walmart instead of Target.

Mar 30, 06 12:52 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

yeah mabe if it was an ikea insead of walmart i could go and BUY some blinds!!!! oh wait walmart has blinds mabee some office furniture to stack in front of the window

Mar 30, 06 1:34 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

trace paper is a good one - mabe i could make my own little pretty picture on the trace paper

Mar 30, 06 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
silvernoise

Put up a mirror the width of the window. Then you can watch yourself drafting and admire those mouse clicking desk posture skills.

Mar 30, 06 4:16 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: