Archinect
anchor

alright you fancy wine lovers

post-neorealcrapismist

I am going to a dinner party and have been ask to bring a bottle of pinot nior. I have a limited knowledge of wine based purely on those stemming from the Chianti region. Chianti's and brunelli's I can handle, but with these pinot niors I am lost. this is where you come in, in all your infinite wisdom that is archinect I need some suggestions for a wine. If you don't have any suggestions just write about anything you want, what are you favorite shoes to wear while talking about other threads?

Mar 24, 06 10:52 am
WonderK

LOL

I don't know anything about pinot noirs either. There is a very common red table wine that can be found in a jug that I usually bring to parties, you can get it at the supermarket, the wine type is called "passano" I think. California. Don't quote me on that.

I know this is not what you asked for but at least I stayed on topic.

Mar 24, 06 10:58 am  · 
 · 
MArch n' unemployed

i don't drink noir's, don't really like them, but here is an important question....price range?

Mar 24, 06 10:59 am  · 
 · 
S

WTF? just bring a brunelli and when someone asks why it's not a pinot noir, give them a look like "WTF?".

Mar 24, 06 11:03 am  · 
 · 
job job

I could quote from 'sideways' but that'd be way too easy.

bring a maker's mark, and if anyone gives you the where-is-the-pinot-act, tell em "cram it, with walnuts, ugly".

then kiss the host(ess) real hard. and make sure to be in costume

Mar 24, 06 11:16 am  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

I was thinking 20-35 bucks, nothing to crazy.
I am tempted to say WTF and bring boons farm, get all liquored up and spend half the night without any pants. but then I will be "that drunk guy without any pants on" and I am trying to leave the reputation behind me.

Mar 24, 06 11:16 am  · 
 · 
S

ok cinderelli, i think the italian wine is called brunella.

Mar 24, 06 11:17 am  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

I realize I spelled "Boone's Farm" incorrectly.

Mar 24, 06 11:20 am  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

i could kiss the hostess while calling brunella "brunelli".

Mar 24, 06 11:24 am  · 
 · 
S

just bring some chicken.

Mar 24, 06 11:24 am  · 
 · 
job job

I forward the 'coke badger' look

the 'drunk no pants guy' is still a good one, though. recommend southern comfort for that one

Mar 24, 06 11:28 am  · 
 · 
freq_arch

Interesting segway (sp?):
I recently heard that a bottle of wine with an image of some cute animal on it tends to sell markedly better than the same bottle / label without the cute animal on it (I think it was around 30-40%).
So, bring anything with the words 'pinot noir' and an animal on it!
People will think it's great, maybe so great that they'll ask you to take your pants off.

Mar 24, 06 11:58 am  · 
 · 
walter_

get a pinot noir from oregon, theyre supposedly good. thats all i remember from the wine tasting course i took in college. id suggest a handle of beam, though. delicious bourbon. mmm...

Mar 24, 06 12:19 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

Agree with the Oregon pinot. I usually don't drink them because they are expensive, but a 20-35 dollar one should be OK. Don't try to get a pinot for under $20, they don't make a good bargain pinot.

Wonderk, that's PAISANO, Carlo Rossi's version of Chianti. Excellent for a $4.99 jug-o-wine.

Mar 24, 06 12:52 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Ok, I'm thinking you should do whatever Strawbeary tells you to do in this situation. And yes it is good.

Mar 24, 06 1:01 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

just don't fucking bring Merlot.

Mar 24, 06 1:06 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i drink merlot for breakfast

Mar 24, 06 1:07 pm  · 
 · 
S

is that why they call you puddles?

Mar 24, 06 1:29 pm  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

I once tried to drink an entire jug of Carlo Rossi in an evening. it did not end well.
I will look for the pinot from the Oregon region.
the handle of Jim is an interesting suggestion, I am sure I will be a party favorite with such a delicious drink loosely griped in my hand as i try to grope every female in sight...the bourbon does something to a me that is not very pretty, i hear entertaining, but not pretty.

Mar 24, 06 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
job job

ah bourbon, better than a kick in the nuts, and much cleaner aftertaste (..the hell does that mean?)

I now see why they asked you, SPECIFICALLY, to bring the pinot!!

[check out psonorocrapic - that guy's hammered! dude, now his pants are coming off!!! HEY.... that's my FIANCEE]

Mar 24, 06 2:00 pm  · 
 · 
A

Bring a nice box of Franzia. Nothing beats that stay fresh tap.

Mar 24, 06 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

snowi...you were there?

I have not been "cant find my face" drunk like sense the fraternity parties at college.

atleast we are still on topic.

Mar 24, 06 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

lol ..

it should read ..

"HI", You fancy wine lovers ..

Mar 26, 06 1:29 am  · 
 · 
Howard Roark

I am from Portland, OR and can confirm that we have some of the best pinots.
Some are hard to get outside of the state, but look for Erath, Belle Soures, Van Duzer, or Willamette Valley Vineyards.

Mar 26, 06 2:37 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

i'm not drinking any fucking merlot...

top pinots from zeee vine spectator...
wh smith
kosta browne
marcassin
to name a few...
all more than u prolly wanna pay...
ive enjoyed some cheap(15 or less) pinots
macmurray(fred of my three sons fame)
wente(goes good with indian food right lb...)
personally im into zins and malbecs these days
try klinker brick...
bogle old vine zin a very good wine for cheap!

Mar 26, 06 9:43 am  · 
 · 
job job

post-neorealcrapismist, how did the dinner thing go? i drank a load of knob creek last night and thought about this thread for a millisecond. then went to a weird house party

Mar 26, 06 10:33 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

any cute gurlz with purple tongues???

Mar 26, 06 11:19 am  · 
 · 
vado retro
Mar 26, 06 11:20 am  · 
 · 
dia

Show some class - bring a pinot from the Martinborough or Otago regions of New Zealand.

In Otago, go for Mt Difficulty or Gibbston Valley. In Martinborough, go for Te Kairange or Martinborough Vineyard.

Unless its too late...

Mar 26, 06 4:57 pm  · 
 · 
noguy

if you can get your hands on a sea smoke, you will be set.

Mar 26, 06 10:10 pm  · 
 · 
Nevermore

what your wine went thru -->

sensssssssssssssual .......

Mar 27, 06 3:57 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

merlot~
does anybody else feel that pronouncing it mair-low is like calling jennifer lopez j-low???

it's merlot, damn it, merr-LOT!!!

and merlot (now you'r gett'n the hang of it) is very tasty with the monday morning rice chex and the smoky sau-sage links.

Mar 27, 06 9:57 am  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

the dinner party was a great success, I picked up a nice bottle of pinot and a bottle of Chianti for myself, neither of which I drank. I appreciate all your suggestions, they did help me spend more money on a bottle of pinot from Oregon then I originally intended. I hear it was tasty. I got sauced up on gin and tonics and ended up playing truth or dare. it brought back memories of high school...it was invigorating. I think I may still be recovering from that night. at least the food was good and there are no incriminating photos.

that could be the single most scattered paraghraph I have ever written.

Mar 27, 06 2:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: