Archinect
anchor

V

Elimelech

I just saw V is for Vendetta, and I am impressed how good it is. I havent been so excited about a movie in years. Anyone else liked it?

Mar 20, 06 12:19 pm

v was fucking awesome . the poetry was awesome , the fights were sick , the portman was HOT , any movie that bags on bush is good with me !!!

Mar 20, 06 12:27 pm  · 
 · 
anti

Im going back for a second Viewing tomorrow.

Mar 20, 06 2:23 pm  · 
 · 
Appleseed

meh. It's too difficult for something that overt and heavy-handed to be really compelling. The fights were short and not very innovative, considering who was involved in the movie. But yeah, Portman - mmmm.

Mar 20, 06 2:57 pm  · 
 · 
walter_

i thought it was one of the best movies ive seen in a while. fight scenes were intense and creative, CG was just enough to make them really amazing. great story, and of course natalie portman, even without hair, still amazing. i dont get it...

Mar 20, 06 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

I was hoping it was going to be about an alien invasion

Mar 20, 06 5:56 pm  · 
 · 
Jeremy

Are you folks Alan Moore fans?? - can anyone tell me how it holds up to the comic. Moore refused to even have his name on it, and said in an interview that the screenplay was utter shit.. I hope its a bit better than that, but then i remember Matrix 3

Mar 20, 06 6:50 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

is it anything like the omega man???

Mar 20, 06 7:43 pm  · 
 · 
moda

amazing movie. one of the better i've seen in a long time. funny, you'd expect a lot more harder of a sountrack (electronic, rock, etc.) but V listening to sweet, almost angelic meloncholy on a stolen (profiled) jukebox is brilliant.

Mar 20, 06 9:11 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

I like that part in Matrix 3 when it sucked.

Mar 20, 06 10:05 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Ha! Me too.

Mar 21, 06 2:33 am  · 
 · 
garpike

I enjoyed the eggies in a basket.

Mar 21, 06 2:34 am  · 
 · 

yeh i read that alan moore hated the flick too. but he is slightly crazy.

loved the graphic novel...film doesn't come to theatres in japan for awhile though.

supposedly there is gonna be a film based on the watchmen series too, and alan hates that one as much as all the movies based on his work...

Mar 21, 06 3:03 am  · 
 · 
upside

i hate being weeks behind the rest of the world, cant wait to see it.

from the previews i kept on expecting to see marching hammers

Mar 21, 06 3:12 am  · 
 · 
10pm

i wanted this to be about the TV show.
dont make babies with lizards it leaves rings arount the collar. Those lazer guns, and
DONNOVAN!
Sure, they say we come in peace, but theyre really just here for are water and fascism.
"prete-nama" out.
That means peace out in the lizard language.

Mar 21, 06 3:41 am  · 
 · 
adso

Allan Moore needs to realize that if he sells the option to his books, somebody's going to make some changes. I thoroughly enjoyed V, and it certainly wasn't the piece of crap that League of Extraordinary Gentleman was, although it was a bit heavy-handed in places (Creevy is Cheney, I get it already).

Mar 21, 06 10:52 am  · 
 · 
badass japanese cookie

V? What about UV...

Mar 21, 06 2:16 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

Though that movie was awsome, scared the crap out of me with how much I thought it potentially related to the current situation. Awww geez, I hate Bush even more now...

Mar 23, 06 12:02 am  · 
 · 
Philip Gentleman

'v for vendetta' was a terribly juvenile film. the wachowski brother and "sister" wrote a shitty screenplay and polished the turd with some fancy graphics. i have not seen anarchy and chaos so lampooned since seeing a japanese sex pistols cover band back in the 1990's. 'v for vendetta' is to comic book/movies as 'super mario bros' is to video game/movies.

by the way - where i come from, "fingermen" means something entirely different...

Mar 23, 06 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
raj

thought it was pretty good...(i did not expect much)
although it was really just like orwells 1984...

and yes...i remember the V series and movies...and yes they were cool for me as a child...saw them recently on sci-fi...and man did they suck!

Mar 23, 06 3:56 pm  · 
 · 
stainB

sorry it was a crap movie, the script was awful. bombing the Parliament with fertilizers? was it suppose to be a sci-fi or am i missing something here? how can u take a guy who wears a funny mask (with a grin) seriously?

i've a free movie pass (UGC unlimited) yet i still regret wasting my 2 hrs

we got so bored and started singing phantom of the opera...

Mar 25, 06 7:22 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: