Archinect
anchor

VIVA VERA

hello

i have a project i'd like to share with you. apologies to anyone who may take it as shameless self-promotion. it is not. i'm doing this in hope that some of you maybe able to help this organization that means a lot to me and is doing great things for kids.

the vera project has embarked on a capital campaign, viva vera, to help them establish a long-term home in the seattle center. vera approached me a few months ago to design their campaign logo, a dozen print pieces, and their web presence >> http://www.vivavera.org/

the vera project is a seattle based all-ages music and arts venue. they have recently lost their current home and are in the process of establishing a new one. to do this, they need to raise $1.5 million. they are well on their way right now. the city of seattle kicked off their drive in november with a gift of $350,000. most recently, the paul g. allen foundation awarded vera a $140,000 challenge grant from april 1, 2006-april 1, 2007. this means that for every dollar someone donates up to $140,000, the allen foundation will match it with no restrictions.

since its inception in 2000, vera has provided a unique resource to seattle's youth and music community by maintaining a safe, alcohol, and smoke free environment for people of all-ages to come together and experience music in a way that transcends commercial entertainment and erases divisions between performer, staff, and audience.

vera takes the primacy of music in young people's lives as an opportunity to create learning experiences, building self-awareness, and self-esteem in an audience with few chances to express itself otherwise. through these learning experiences and an emphasis on the process of popular music, vera promotes critical thinking, empathy, emotional intelligence, and civic participation.

if you can, please donate today. your support will be greatly appreciated >> http://www.vivavera.org/

many thanks for considering this.

all the best,
e

Mar 16, 06 11:56 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: