Archinect
anchor

New Splitted PLOT?

mercyless

Have you heard that Danish firm PLOT is going to be splitted soon?
It is pretty surprising because they were the best couple since Herzog and De Meuron. Maybe a midlife crisis?

Mar 15, 06 7:31 am
hibz

crap! there goes my dream of working there someday. i think their work is brilliant. i mean was brilliant?

Mar 15, 06 7:44 am  · 
 · 
MADianito

midlife?? those guys are kids, not even 40!!! but yeah they're doing good...mmhhh n i dont think they will split.... where u heard that rubish???

Mar 15, 06 8:17 am  · 
 · 
mercyless
http://www.a10magazine.com/contents8.html

See the interview section.
And the new splitted website for Bjarke Ingels
www.big.dk
I ain't lying.

Mar 15, 06 9:13 am  · 
 · 
mercyless
http://www.a10magazine.com/contents8.html

See the interview section.
And the new splitted website for Bjarke Ingels
www.big.dk
I ain't lying.

Mar 15, 06 9:14 am  · 
 · 

Yep, word on the street in Copenhagen is that they split. I guess now you'll have to choose which one to work for. Or better yet start your own thing.

Mar 15, 06 4:59 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

the drama

Mar 15, 06 5:56 pm  · 
 · 
mercyless

Anybody know why they're splitting up?

Mar 16, 06 3:00 am  · 
 · 
Espoo

(Hi, I'm new here)

There's an interview of Bjarke Ingels in the latest "Forum" (the swedish magazine of nordic architecture) made just before the split went public.

He says that they need to "do some long-term planning"; until now they've been more or less improvising. Perhaps they just had different professional ambitions?
Now Bjarke is pretty much continuing the old method in the new BIG projects. Interesting to see what de Smed has in mind.

They also seem to be really different as persons; Bjarke seems hyperactive, Julien kind of introverted... So there might be some personal issues too.

Mar 16, 06 8:05 am  · 
 · 
kylemiller

Does anyone have a copy of A10 magazine, issue #8. I would like to try and get a hold of the interview about the split... possibly a scan and send.

May 28, 07 6:50 pm  · 
 · 

more importantly does BIG or JGS aka what used to be PLOT have a monograph. There work is impressive on many levels and it would be nice to own a monograph mapping their trajectory

May 28, 07 7:00 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

architechnophilia -
if i hook you up with project locations, any interest in making a monograph?

i'd love to but dwell too long on photos of details, and not the overall picture, so it'd be kinda lame.

May 28, 07 7:06 pm  · 
 · 

hah hah holz that would be a great project. I plan to be in Europe next march anyhow so that might be a possibility

May 28, 07 7:08 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

yeah, i'm headed back in august for a 3 week graubunden, ticino + vorarlberg exkursion. nothing like driving less than 600 miles and having literally 500 quality projects and phenomenal landscapes to take in.

May 28, 07 7:16 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

i know BIG has a little book/portfolio/monograph

one of my professors had it around. but both JDS and BIG's websites are quite comprehensive and good.

May 28, 07 11:27 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: